Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Woke police? Woke army? WTF?
cp8759
post Sat, 25 Sep 2021 - 14:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,618

The British police: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNhTm37vPeI
The US army: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXmyWdZfdgk (comparison with Russia and China, makes you wonder whether we should re-think our military alliances)

Seriously, what's wrong with people? The west seems to be at the mercy of the woke brigade.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law. Section 6 of the Interpretation Act 1978 applies to everything I post as it would apply to an Act of Parliament. I am a Conservative party member, this means some people think I am "scum". No, I am not a lawyer. I do not charge any fees, please stop asking me what my fees are.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Sat, 25 Sep 2021 - 14:35
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Mon, 27 Sep 2021 - 00:46
Post #2

Member No.: 90,659

It isn't woke. It is just stupidity, probably originating from a 50-something called Keith.

It's essentially a smoke screen so that when the woeful treatment of those reporting hate crimes is raised, the police can point to a rainbow car and say they can't possibly be institutionally sexist, racist, homophobic etc. because look... rainbow!

If it helps, it's the same as when a journalist challenges the police about the decimation of roads police leading to a rise in dangerous driving and they point to a camera van and say "look... ROAD SAFETY!". It's much cheaper to paint a car or put a fat waste of space in a van then it is to do proper policing.

On the plus side, good to see GB News managing to do a segment without a light falling on someone's head.

Albeit the muppet things Laurence Fox is the person to sort everything out, which implies maybe the presenters were busy checking Twitter on their laptops than listening.

P.S. They missed a trick by not having "BENT COPPER" as the strapline.

+Quote Post
BluntyMcCrow2
post Mon, 27 Sep 2021 - 04:10
Post #3

Member No.: 113,431

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Mon, 27 Sep 2021 - 01:46) *
It isn't woke. It is just stupidity, probably originating from a 50-something called Keith.

It's essentially a smoke screen so that when the woeful treatment of those reporting hate crimes is raised, the police can point to a rainbow car and say they can't possibly be institutionally sexist, racist, homophobic etc. because look... rainbow!

If it helps, it's the same as when a journalist challenges the police about the decimation of roads police leading to a rise in dangerous driving and they point to a camera van and say "look... ROAD SAFETY!". It's much cheaper to paint a car or put a fat waste of space in a van then it is to do proper policing.

On the plus side, good to see GB News managing to do a segment without a light falling on someone's head.

Albeit the muppet things Laurence Fox is the person to sort everything out, which implies maybe the presenters were busy checking Twitter on their laptops than listening.

P.S. They missed a trick by not having "BENT COPPER" as the strapline.

Enlighten us all as to what “proper policing” is.

This post has been edited by BluntyMcCrow2: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 - 04:11

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Tue, 28 Sep 2021 - 21:50
Post #4

Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (BluntyMcCrow2 @ Mon, 27 Sep 2021 - 05:10) *
Enlighten us all as to what “proper policing” is.

Where the enforcement is done by a police officer.

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Thu, 30 Sep 2021 - 09:14
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

"Proper policing" is somewhat of moveable feast, much like the concept of the "good old days". It is often easier to point out things that are clearly not "proper policing" than define what it is (or prove that it ever really existed). However, the fact that things were done wrong previously does not mean that we should not care that they are not being done correctly today.

Dedicated traffic police are a relevant part of the concept of "proper policing". Human beings with common sense and discretion that would be more concerned about the dopey tw*t sat in the outside lane of a virtually empty motorway doing 65mph than an alert driver using lane discipline and making progress. And more concerned about people blindly pulling into the outside lane causing faster moving traffic to brake sharply than they would about the faster moving traffic.

Some years ago I got a fixed penalty for a very generous 99mph (probably less than 110mph but not by much) on a virtually empty motorway. So far, so good - occifer used some "discretion" to apply a more appropriate penalty considering the conditions than the more prescriptive guidelines. He also threatened that if I challenged the fixed penalty he would add dangerous driving to it. The dangerous driving bit was that in his opinion I was got far too close to the dopey tw*t sat in the outside lane of an otherwise empty motorway (just me and some bloke in an unmarked 5 series behind him, nothing in front of him as far as the eye could see) whilst flashing my lights to indicate that he should get out of my way). Eventually the tw*t moved over to lane 2 to enable me to pass on his offside before moving straight back into lane 3 causing the 5 series driver to brake sharply. By the time I was back in lane 1, the 5 series' grill was lit up like a Christmas tree.

Did the occifer consider that doing more than 100mph on a virtually empty motorway was more serious that cutting him up badly in order to sit in lane 3 for no good reason, or did he decide that despite having on-board video of the whole thing, speeding is always the easiest to prosecute/fill his quota?

--------------------
Andy

"Whatever the intention of Parliament was, or was not, the law is quite clear." - The Rookie

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 25th January 2022 - 08:49
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.