PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

caught same spot twice!
harrypsauce
post Wed, 12 Dec 2012 - 13:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,833

Obviously, after the first time coming off a roundabout into a 30 zone I was ultra careful. On that occassion I was flagged as doing 38. That is why I was surprised to be caught a second time, same spot and exactly the same speed. My speed was checked by a "mobile" which I often see parked up near a school. But this time round I could only have been going in the OPPOSITE direction. Are they able to monitor speeds from both directions? And is it possible to discover before any court hearing which direction the police say I was going?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Wed, 12 Dec 2012 - 13:41
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 12 Dec 2012 - 14:22
Post #2

Member No.: 317

They can monitor you going both ways, yes, the only way to reliably find out which way you wwre going is to write and ask for photo's on the basis they are 'to help confirm the drivers ID' or similar, you're not actually entitled to see anything.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
harrypsauce
post Wed, 12 Dec 2012 - 15:52
Post #3

Thanks for that. It actually is looking more complicated now. Because I work in an industry that requires me to log in and out of clients' homes, I have the details for that day.
On the face of it, there is no way that I could have reached the alleged site of the offence in the time I had to get there. Will that be any help, you think?

+Quote Post
blocco
post Wed, 12 Dec 2012 - 15:58
Post #4

Member No.: 34,902

QUOTE (harrypsauce @ Wed, 12 Dec 2012 - 16:52) *
Thanks for that. It actually is looking more complicated now. Because I work in an industry that requires me to log in and out of clients' homes, I have the details for that day.
On the face of it, there is no way that I could have reached the alleged site of the offence in the time I had to get there. Will that be any help, you think?

If you can show how your clock and the speed camera clock is perfectly synchronised you will be OK. I don't think you can do that though, so no help really.

+Quote Post
dawmdt
post Wed, 12 Dec 2012 - 16:06
Post #5

Member No.: 26,079

QUOTE (blocco @ Wed, 12 Dec 2012 - 15:58) *
QUOTE (harrypsauce @ Wed, 12 Dec 2012 - 16:52) *

If you can show how your clock and the speed camera clock is perfectly synchronised you will be OK. I don't think you can do that though, so no help really.

Well that depends on how big the time is. eg If OP logs into a client site at 11:30 and then logs out at 12:00 and he's 20 miles away from the speed camera which clocked him at 12:05 this may be reasonable doubt. If he was half a mile away, then I agree, this probably won't help him at all.

It could also depend on how that's logged, is it just scribbled on a sheet of paper by himself for his records? Or is there some form of electronic logging etc etc?

--------------------
I am Not a Lawyer

+Quote Post
harrypsauce
post Wed, 12 Dec 2012 - 16:35
Post #6

It's electronic logging. But, as you say, it would only be a matter of minutes, so I might just have to bite the bullet. Thanks anyway.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 17:09
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here