PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UK CPM - Visitor parking PCN
DragonQ
post Mon, 20 Mar 2017 - 18:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,126

My car was parked in a visitor's bay in my residential parking area. One morning I woke up to find a Parking Charge Notice attached to it from UK CPM, who have some signs up around the car park. The issue reason is not displaying a valid parking permit. I have a visitor's permit that is in the car but I am not sure how visible it was on this occasion.

UK CPM are a part of IPC, although the sign says they are a BPA member. I have two questions:

- Am I right in thinking that I needn't do anything until I receive a Notice to Keeper through the post?
- Is there any point contacting my management company to ask for the charge to be cleared (since it's designed to stop people who don't live here or aren't visiting using the bays, not to catch people who live here out), or are they likely to just refer me to UK CPM?

I've attached a redacted copy of the PCN and also a photo of the signs up around the area. I've had a quick look through the contract I signed with the management company when buying the property, as well as their "welcome pack", and can't see any mention of parking whatsoever.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 59)
Advertisement
post Mon, 20 Mar 2017 - 18:12
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 00:50
Post #41

Member No.: 15,642

You respond requiring them to send a compliant lba.

+Quote Post
DragonQ
post Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 15:08
Post #42

OK here's my proposed response, is it OK? I don't know where to send the letter though as they have given no reply address, only a link to their website where I can fill in the "reply form" (Annex 1 of the PAP for Debt Claims). Filling in the official form would basically entail explaining why I am not liable for the debt and also what documents I require from the claimant. I won't fill this in though until/unless I get a response from this letter.

Re: LETTER BEFORE CLAIM dated <date>

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of the above letter.

As instructed by your letter, I have read the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims under the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 (hereby referred to as “the PAP”) and the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct (hereby referred to as the “PD”). I refer you to Annex A of the PD which clearly lays out in section 2 what the claimant’s Letter Before Claim (hereby referred to as the “LBC”) should contain. I do not believe your LBC complies with the PD as it neglects to include various pieces of information listed within. I have attached a copy of this section of the PD as an appendix for your reference.

I am not legally trained and find it astonishing that you, a solicitor, are either not aware of, or are choosing not to comply with, the PD. I wish to remind you that paragraph 4 of the PD states that the court has the power to apply sanctions for non-compliance with the PD. The fact that you refer to the PAP suggests to me that you believe you have sent me a compliant LBC and that I am liable to respond under the PAP, yet the fact that your letter does not comply with the PD suggests that I am not. If you are indeed asking for a response under the PAP, please explain why you have not complied with the PD and send a new LBC that does comply with the PD. I will then be able to comply with my obligations under the PD.

I am sure many other non-legally trained motorists who receive such confusing letters are resigned to paying charges that they may not be liable for, in order to avoid unnecessary hassle. I find this unacceptable, particularly for such a well-known group of solicitors.

I expect an actual response to my letter rather than another generic template letter that does not address my questions and concerns.

This post has been edited by DragonQ: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 15:08

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 07:58
Post #43

Send to Gladstones postal address
Pretty sure if you search there is an email address as well.

+Quote Post
DragonQ
post Fri, 16 Feb 2018 - 17:48
Post #44

Got a very short letter from the solicitor, along with an FAQ, a copy of the initial response I sent to CPM and their evidence reply:

Attached Image

I notice it does not address at all the question I asked them:

QUOTE (Me)
If you are indeed asking for a response under the PAP, please explain why you have not complied with the PD and send a new LBC that does comply with the PD. I will then be able to comply with my obligations under the PD.

The FAQs do include things like a (supposed) breakdown of the costs. I've included some of the most relevant ones too:

Attached Image

Any recommendations on how to proceed from here?

+Quote Post
DragonQ
post Sat, 3 Mar 2018 - 19:45
Post #45

Bump

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 07:36
Post #46

Member No.: 96,238

Dear Sir

Ref ****

Thank You for your letter dated ****

For the avoidance of doubt, I deny that any payment is owed to your client
Notwithstanding that I dispute a number of its other assertions, a valid permit was displayed in the vehicle

Please send a paper version of the PAP documents so that I can make a full response

Yours Faithfully

This post has been edited by Redivi: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 07:41

+Quote Post
antiBully
post Wed, 18 Apr 2018 - 00:18
Post #47

Member No.: 97,560

Perhaps try a variation of this? biggrin.gif https://twitter.com/Parking_Justice/status/...072887650287621

+Quote Post
Ronie
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 12:48
Post #48

Member No.: 92,160

Hi

I have got similar letter for the PCN issued in April 2017.

They stopped it after Nov 2017 but now sent me similar letter.

In my case it was ticket which was moved and was not displayed properly. Though, I showed it to Parking attendant (who does not have have any id and was not employed by UKCPM). He refused to cancel the PCN and wanted me to talk to UKCPM

There was no detail to contact or appeal on the PCN but I googled and send them detail but they refused. My paid ticket does have last three digit of my car and time.

Do you think I should reply to Gladstone with something? Letter is same what is attached in the above thread but with my detail on it.

Thanks
Ronie

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 16:43
Post #49

You should start your own thread, as the rules you agreed to told you - one case, one thread.

Would you like other people to comment on your thread, about their issues, and drag it away?

If you have a lba you MUST RESPOND. there's no choice here.

+Quote Post
Ronie
post Tue, 22 May 2018 - 13:46
Post #50

Thanks

My thread is already there: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry1384104

I did not get LBA though but got Letter before claim.

Do they go to court? Most of threads says forget it smile.gif....Have you got court orders yet?

+Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 22 May 2018 - 16:17
Post #51

Member No.: 60,457

Letter befoe Action, Letter before Claim same differrence

Which threads are saying forget it? Not on here.

+Quote Post
Ronie
post Thu, 24 May 2018 - 08:59
Post #52

I mean most of people says forget it when google it.

Specially at the beginning of this process. Moreover, it is not ethical to ask for money if there is no loss to landholder as I have paid for ticket & ticket machine takes last three digit of my car.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 24 May 2018 - 09:16
Post #53

The parking companies arent ethical. Until they get shut down, you have to do deal with it

People who are not well informed say to ignore it, universally and without qualification. Between pepipoo and MSE, the two most knowledgeable sources around, you will NOT find that.

+Quote Post
Eljayjay
post Thu, 24 May 2018 - 09:51
Post #54

Member No.: 91,235

Ronie,

You are hijacking DragonQ's thread.

Use your own thread for comments which have no bearing on DragonQ's situation.

+Quote Post
Ronie
post Thu, 24 May 2018 - 09:54
Post #55

Sorry about that.

I will update my thread. Last question did dragon got any further communication?

+Quote Post
DragonQ
post Wed, 13 Jun 2018 - 21:20
Post #56

Received the claim forms by post today. I need to return the "Acknowledgement of service" and "Defence and Counterclaim" forms within about 10 days.

Can anyone help me write a defence please? smile.gif

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 13 Jun 2018 - 21:33
Post #57

Member No.: 60,457

No you don't. You acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form. You put NOTHING in the defence at this time. This gives you 33 days from date of issue to get your defence in to the court. Get the Ack done NOW

Look around at other defences and modify to suit your situation. Post on here for critique.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 13 Jun 2018 - 21:36
Post #58

You will also email your defence , signed if course, not posted on a firm

You must do the ack TODAY. Tell us the issue date.

+Quote Post
DragonQ
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 07:25
Post #59

The form is dated 11th June. I will sort it out when I get home tonight.

+Quote Post
DragonQ
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 16:22
Post #60

I assume I don't want to contest the jurisdiction of the claim made against me?

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:59
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here