Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN 12S residents' parking permit not visible
karrie12
post Sun, 16 Feb 2020 - 18:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,985

Hi guys

I've received a PCN from the council pics below in thread.

I was unable to renew my permit as this can only be done online, but the payment page was not loading when I tried to renew (5 times!). I called the council and they eventually took payment for my new permit over the phone, and whilst the physical permit was in the post, they issued me with a temporary cover notice, which I'd put on my dashboard.

I had received my paper permit, but had not had a chance to put it in my car and my temporary cover notice was still valid for a further week so I wanted to wait for the weekend to switch them out. After a weekend trip, I'd put the cover notice in my glovebox and forgot to put my physical permit on display. The next day (Monday morning) I had a PCN sad.gif

How can I contest?

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/8827/POOUJ0.jpg

This post has been edited by karrie12: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 15:21
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 35)
Advertisement
post Sun, 16 Feb 2020 - 18:25
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Neil B
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 13:38
Post #21

Member No.: 16,671

I'm still confused about this >
QUOTE (karrie12 @ Sun, 16 Feb 2020 - 18:25) *
my temporary cover notice was still valid for a further week so I wanted to wait for the weekend to switch them out.

I know Stamf has answered me but that isn't what you said above.

Straight question, straight answer; was it on display or not?

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
karrie12
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 13:39
Post #22

Guys - I'm feeling rather attacked on here and I feel upset. Please can you be more gentle?

HCandersen - Yes, I didn't put my permit out on ONE day out of the 7 years I've had one. I made a mistake. I own it. I don't find your comment helpful.

In regards to info on the PCN - I've removed the details as that is what's instructed in the forum FAQs. If this has changed, the forum FAQs ought to be amended otherwise how am I to know if you guys aren't secretly the council, as the FAQs document warns about?

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 13:59
Post #23

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (karrie12 @ Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 13:39) *
Guys - I'm feeling rather attacked on here and I feel upset. Please can you be more gentle?

HCandersen - Yes, I didn't put my permit out on ONE day out of the 7 years I've had one. I made a mistake. I own it. I don't find your comment helpful.

In regards to info on the PCN - I've removed the details as that is what's instructed in the forum FAQs. If this has changed, the forum FAQs ought to be amended otherwise how am I to know if you guys aren't secretly the council, as the FAQs document warns about?

We only ask for information because we feel it is needed to help, we drag out the weaknesses in you case that if not dealt with are likely to cause you to lose any challenge. The best thing you can do is help us to help you by answering all questions even if you think it shows you in a bad light

We care nothing about you making a mistake. If motorists or councils did not do so we would not be here

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
karrie12
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 14:38
Post #24

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 13:59) *

We only ask for information because we feel it is needed to help, we drag out the weaknesses in you case that if not dealt with are likely to cause you to lose any challenge. The best thing you can do is help us to help you by answering all questions even if you think it shows you in a bad light

We care nothing about you making a mistake. If motorists or councils did not do so we would not be here

OK, that makes sense, thanks PastMyBest.

I'll post the PCN with details, but will take car reg off if that s OK?

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 14:53
Post #25

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (karrie12 @ Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 14:38) *
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 13:59) *

OK, that makes sense, thanks PastMyBest.

I'll post the PCN with details, but will take car reg off if that s OK?

Yep we would never ask for personal detail though think about it 100's see your reg every day

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
karrie12
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 15:03
Post #26

Front of PCN

This post has been edited by karrie12: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 15:18
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
karrie12
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 15:18
Post #27

Back of PCN

This post has been edited by karrie12: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 15:24
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
karrie12
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 15:33
Post #28

QUOTE (Neil B @ Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 13:38) *
I'm still confused about this >
QUOTE (karrie12 @ Sun, 16 Feb 2020 - 18:25) *
my temporary cover notice was still valid for a further week so I wanted to wait for the weekend to switch them out.

I know Stamf has answered me but that isn't what you said above.

Straight question, straight answer; was it on display or not?

Not on display on day of pcn

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 15:51
Post #29

Member No.: 21,551

OP, you started off with a long story whose details were not relevant. Fair enough, your first time here.

But despite asking for key info you still did not provide.

With respect, we cannot explain the purpose behind all questions we ask because the regs are complex and this would not add to your understanding. You provide facts, not arguments.

We now know:
You were parked in a parking place which came into effect at 0800.
PCN served 8.17.

This is all you need to know.

You were in the process of changing the permit to your permanent one, replacing the temporary one which you had used for ** while you obtained a new permit. The CEO beat you to it.. it happens...here's my permit which was valid..I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Simple, straightforward because it's developed from the bald and relevant facts and not encumbered by a backstory...!

Sorry if the approach sound harsh but time is not your friend here, in fact you've missed the discount, it expired on 9th and the 28-day period expires this week. (we know this because you've posted the PCN).

Sometimes we don't have time for too many niceties when OPs are within distance of missing 28-day periods.

Yes, the FAQs should be amended, but this is not within my gift.

Supplementary:
Are you the registered keeper?
Are your DVLA details up to date?
Can we see the council's photos pl.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 15:57
Post #30

Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE (hcandersen @ Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 15:51) *

Have been shown.

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 16:02
Post #31

Member No.: 59,924

Making a bit of a meal of this aren't we.

It's simple polite ask for discretion owing to an oversight in not putting up the valid permanent permit for Monday morning.

A bit on the backstory of getting the permit should help.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 16:03

+Quote Post
karrie12
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 16:19
Post #32

QUOTE (hcandersen @ Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 15:51) *
OP, you started off with a long story whose details were not relevant. Fair enough, your first time here.

But despite asking for key info you still did not provide.

With respect, we cannot explain the purpose behind all questions we ask because the regs are complex and this would not add to your understanding. You provide facts, not arguments.

We now know:
You were parked in a parking place which came into effect at 0800.
PCN served 8.17.

This is all you need to know.

You were in the process of changing the permit to your permanent one, replacing the temporary one which you had used for ** while you obtained a new permit. The CEO beat you to it.. it happens...here's my permit which was valid..I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Simple, straightforward because it's developed from the bald and relevant facts and not encumbered by a backstory...!

Sorry if the approach sound harsh but time is not your friend here, in fact you've missed the discount, it expired on 9th and the 28-day period expires this week. (we know this because you've posted the PCN).

Sometimes we don't have time for too many niceties when OPs are within distance of missing 28-day periods.

Yes, the FAQs should be amended, but this is not within my gift.

Supplementary:
Are you the registered keeper?
Are your DVLA details up to date?

Yes to first two questions. Council pics posted in post #8

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 16:20
Post #33

Which is what can be developed from the bald facts, now that we have them.

The OP was fine until 0810 because of the grace period, therefore all of this relates to 7 minutes. Nowt yo do with abortive efforts to do A,B and C spread over X weeks.

Simples, eventually,

+Quote Post
karrie12
post Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 16:53
Post #34

QUOTE (hcandersen @ Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 16:20) *
Which is what can be developed from the bald facts, now that we have them.

The OP was fine until 0810 because of the grace period, therefore all of this relates to 7 minutes. Nowt yo do with abortive efforts to do A,B and C spread over X weeks.

Simples, eventually,

Thanks. I thought I had posted the most relevant info in my first post and actually took a long time to think what info to include/not include dontknow.gif Anyway, now I know what sort of info you guys find useful. Hopefully no more PCNs for me!

This post has been edited by karrie12: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 - 16:57

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Thu, 20 Feb 2020 - 08:34
Post #35

Member No.: 42,618

karrie12 I've just looked at this thread and it's not clear what you're planning on doing for this one?

The code 12 wording is arguably flawed.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Thu, 20 Feb 2020 - 08:44
Post #36

No time to go into this old chestnut.

28-day period ends on 23rd.

Today is 20th.

Submit reps NOW.

Simple and as I drafted I would suggest.

Just flesh out what you need, but pl not the backstory, IMO it is not relevant: your starting point is that you had a permanent permit valid from ** to replace the temporary one which expired on ***. You took the old one down when you returned on *** and planned to put the new one (which was still indoors) in place for the start of play on, but missed it by a few minutes. Sorry.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 15:18
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here