Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN - stopping in a box junction
MR_JP
post Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 13:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,277

Hey guys,

I received a PCN today for "Entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited" and would like to know if anyone could help me to appeal. This contravention occurred on 28/07/18 and I received the PCN today on 07/08/18. I have checked TFL to see their evidence and they provided photos but no video footage of the contravention.

I don't usually stop in box junctions and only entered it under the assumption that the traffic in front of me was still moving, which once I entered, came to a stop. The van in front of me was also indicating to switch into the left lane, which would have given me space to clear the box junction. However, oncoming traffic didn't give the van way fast enough and I was unable to move forward. From the photos I can see that I was at least in the box junction for 8 seconds.

I have attached photos and would appreciate any help, thanks!

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/5457/1amfap.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/4712/rmJ4JH.jpg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 13:48
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
peterguk
post Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 13:54
Post #2

Member No.: 14,720

You need to get to see the video,

--------------------

+Quote Post
MR_JP
post Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 14:25
Post #3

Member No.: 99,277

QUOTE (peterguk @ Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 14:54) *
You need to get to see the video,

Ok thanks, I called them and they said they would send it to me via post, it will be delivered within 14 days but the case will go on hold.

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 18:46
Post #4

Member No.: 54,455

Never, ever, rush into a box junction in London following moving traffic. As you have found, sometimes it can stop leaving you in the box stopped behind stationary vehicles. London councils make absolute shed -loads of dosh out of this as they are allowed to enforce using CCTV. Outside London you get away with it, because enforcement is a police matter, and they don't have the men or even the inclination to whallop people over what is a very minor offence.

Always try to get a space in front of you if you enter a box junction, so that if it all stops you can tootle across very slowly hoping the traffic will start moving again. Many time it does. The contravention is stopping, so if you never stop there is no contravention.

This post has been edited by Incandescent: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 18:47

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 16:12
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here