PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Tower Hamlets towed car due to road works
HackneyWick
post Wed, 13 May 2020 - 22:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108,670

I don't drive very much. I have a permit to park on Wyke road (where I always park). One day I went to drive somewhere and my car was gone. It had been towed. Apparently they did roadworks but I had no idea.

I appealed it saying that I had no way of knowing to move my car so it's not fair to tow it. They replied saying: "In your letter you state that you parked here before any signs were erected. After checking our records the sign was erected on the 10/01/20 and your vehicle was not in the bay at the time; therefore were present when you parked."

I went back on my google timeline and checked my history. I parked on Wyke road on 08/01/20 and did not drive my car on the 9th or 10th so my car definitely was parked there on the 10th when they erected the signs.

I then sent them an email on March 25th saying:

"Just spoke to a very helpful lady on the phone who gave me this email address. I appealed against Tower Hamlets Parking & Mobility Service towing my vehicle and they sent me a letter of rejection saying I could appeal to the Parking Adjudicator but they did not provide me with a verification code or a form to fill out, hence why I called the number and the lady provided me with this email address."

I sent that email on March 25th to queries@londontribunals.org.uk and haven't received a reply to that emai.

Please can you guys help me how best to fight this?

Thanks

I uploaded an attachment but I don't know where it went....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Wed, 13 May 2020 - 22:20
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Wed, 13 May 2020 - 22:25
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

We need to see the documents. Take pics and put on https://imgbb.com or such like as space on forum is limited.

The rejection should have told you the appeal procedure for the tribunal. It looks like you are way over the deadline to appeal.

+Quote Post
HackneyWick
post Mon, 25 May 2020 - 12:55
Post #3

Member No.: 108,670

Thank you for the response and for referring me to a photo hosting site. Here are the pics:

https://ibb.co/NTKBpJ9
https://ibb.co/ZmBj5Zz

+Quote Post
Mad Mick V
post Mon, 25 May 2020 - 13:01
Post #4

Group: Closed
Member No.: 11,355

Looks like they enclosed a Tribunal appeal form with the rejection letter.

Well past the 28 day window to appeal.

Mick

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 25 May 2020 - 13:47
Post #5

Member No.: 74,048

You could try registering an appeal out of time but you need to explain why it should be accepted if you do the ground is contravention did not occur In the box for evidence just write that you had parked your vehicle before the signage was installed and that you will provide evidence of this in further submissions to follow.

You have nothing to lose at this stage and if successful will save at least £65

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 26 May 2020 - 13:49
Post #6

Member No.: 42,618

On the last page of the appeal form there will be an online appeal code, you can use that to appeal online.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 09:05
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here