PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Camera Van Obstruction
mrkjd
post Thu, 23 Jan 2020 - 14:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 411

Today I spotted a camera Van happily zapping motorists from a bridge. The van was parked on the kerbed pavement and I (and others) couldn't walk past without going on to the road. I had a word with the operator telling him he was causing an obstruction to the footpath and asked him to move. He refused saying it was not a footpath but an "engineering plinth". I said that I disagreed that it was only an "engineering plinth" and he was endangering pedestrians. He again refused to move but gave me his and "his bosses" details.

This retort that it was an "engineering plinth" sounded like a rehearsed response. I don't know if this is actually "a thing" or even whether it would matter if it was a plinth rather than footpath as the upshot was he was obstructing pedestrians. I think it is unacceptable that a Police marked vehicle should cause an obstruction and would like to escalate the matter to the IPC but I need to be clear whether the operator has a point. Maybe the police can go a long the line that they had some sort of due cause in apprehending crime or similar but "doesn't count 'cos it's an engineering plinth" sounds a bit silly!Any forum members experienced anything similar?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 22)
Advertisement
post Thu, 23 Jan 2020 - 14:11
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 24 Jan 2020 - 21:15
Post #21

Member No.: 317

I know.....otherwise I’d have said ‘you’ not ‘the OP’, obviously!

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
mickR
post Fri, 24 Jan 2020 - 22:47
Post #22

Member No.: 9,919

QUOTE (mickR @ Fri, 24 Jan 2020 - 18:56) *
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 24 Jan 2020 - 18:47) *
Couldn’t walk past, can clearly mean I couldn’t had I tried/ wanted to. It could mean I tried and couldn’t of course but it doesn’t say that.

Looking at the location I’m willing to bet he was driving and not walking.

Didnt say that either did it !

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 24 Jan 2020 - 19:11) *
Didn’t say you did, anywhere, I’m saying it’s an interpretation (my interpretation) of what the OP said.

My comment was in response to your post making assumptions about what the OP hasnt said, to make it fit with your impression of what happend. I said "IT didnt say that either" not "I" didnt.
What made you say "didnt say YOU did" not sure what youre talking about?

+Quote Post
mrkjd
post Sat, 25 Jan 2020 - 10:02
Post #23

Member No.: 411

Quite an interesting post Tryout. And one that reveals something about the attitude of yourself and other operators. Could you clarify "the officer has enough to contend with" ...... looks like a sedentary simple activity to me that more or less anybody with the prerequisite moral profile could engage in. Do you think such people (including yourself) are predisposed to tell members of the public to F off or the stress of the job to remain "civil" drives operators to such negative behaviour?

Glad at least you acknowledge the van was a hazard to pedestrian traffic. Did you move your van when agreeing it was a hazard when a similar request was made to you? I was perfectly civil to the operator and he was civil enough (if not a little peeved) back. That is what is expected of him, you, and the public. No need to escalate the issue, that would have been disproportional. Better to just raise the matter on this forum for objective measured views from "experts" such as yourself.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 21st February 2020 - 05:05
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.