Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advice (Just Happened) - M621 30mph average speed
fixit999
post Mon, 12 Mar 2018 - 19:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,990

Hi

I was just traveling home through the M621 new average speed section of 30mph (from 50mph).

I passed an average speed camera, and then saw this sign

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.7706415,-...3312!8i6656

With 60 on it, this was outside the usual 50mph section, so assumed it was now 60mph.

I sped up to around 50-55mph and then saw another 30mph average speed camera.

What should I do, or request sign data? Seems unfair they put a sign saying 60mph on when it was inside an average speed camera with no repeater sign between the cameras.

Any advice?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Mon, 12 Mar 2018 - 19:32
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 12 Mar 2018 - 20:16
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Don't suppose you have dashcam?

For now, you'll have to wait to see if a NIP is issued (14 days to the registered keeper).

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
fixit999
post Mon, 12 Mar 2018 - 20:19
Post #3

Member No.: 96,990

No dash cam, can I request any sign data of what was on it at a certain time?

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 12 Mar 2018 - 20:50
Post #4

Member No.: 317

You can request it of the relevant Highways authority (Highways England) who may or may not share it with you, if you do it as an FOI they probably will but it will take a while.

That sign is of course not a speed limit sign, although a court may decide its persuasive that you were materially mislead by ‘the authorities’.

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 - 20:51

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Mon, 12 Mar 2018 - 23:06
Post #5

Member No.: 90,659

The MS1s are advisory signals.

That said, normally when there are roadworks with a reduced speed limit they run what is termed an interrupter cable between each end which basically physically sets special conditions on the signage.

Quite possibly the MS1s are too old to be incorporated in this scheme. As others have said wait fourteen days. Whether proving an advisory signal was displaying a higher advisory limit is a defence... I would tend to say no. But no point worrying unless something drops through the letterbox.

If it helps I recently drove through average speed cameras on the M40 at 70mph when they were doing temporary work with mixed signage. Never heard anything.

+Quote Post
Youngdand
post Tue, 13 Mar 2018 - 08:57
Post #6

Member No.: 95,847

I had the displeasure of driving on this road on Saturday morning, a speed camera van was sat a the junction opposite the slip road i accelerated up to 50 seeing the 60 sign, only to then notice another sign a few meters on advising the 30 limit, with a a set of avg speed cameras. Very confusing, when you don't know the area and have never driven the road before. i wait with bated breath.

This post has been edited by Youngdand: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 - 08:57

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 22nd September 2018 - 02:26
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.