PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Driving without MOT & Due care and Attention
post Wed, 7 Mar 2018 - 08:54
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,881

I had an accident with the police vehicle last year and I have just received the court papers to attend court on the 2 above charges.

it was indicated that the police vehicle flipped twice and in one of the witnesses statement as well, it was indicated that I was driving at approximately 50m/h on a 50m/h road but I failed to stop and the roundavout and I hit the police vehicle coming on my right.

About the MOT, I wasn't aware that the MOT failed its text as it was done by a family member who has since returned to America.

on not stopping at the roundabout, I honestly don't know what happened, as tests were conducted on me at the accident scene, I wasn't not on drugs neither was I over the alcohol limit, I was way below it actually.

please what are my options here, I already have a 3 points on my licence last year for doing 37m/h on a 30m/h road.

I believe I blacked out for a few second as my only daughter who is 14 was also in the car with me .

please what should my defence be and do I need a lawyer to represent me in court?

thanks a million
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 20)
post Wed, 7 Mar 2018 - 08:54
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
post Thu, 8 Mar 2018 - 18:34
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,659

You either had a momentary lapse in concentration or you can't remember the incident. You can't pick and choose the bits you find most convenient for you when they don't make sense together.

Remember you already have witnesses to what happened so the correct account will come out. You are not in the situation where the court will not know the incident unless you tell them. If you remember any of it best for it to come from your mouth even if it was a misjudgement.

Remember you are looking to convince the court you had lower culpability. Appearing evasive is not going to help you.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 23rd March 2018 - 10:39
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.