Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

NEW IN UK - congestion charges and Other quires
amri
post Tue, 6 Mar 2018 - 00:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,874

Hello Everyone,

I moved to UK with family since 2 months ago, I bought a Piaggio MP3 500 for me, and an SUV for my wife.

I am using my country driving license which can serve 12 months since I move to UK.

I didn't know that my scooter is charged in the central London congestion zone, since I really thought it is exempted from the charge, and just noticed 2 days ago that my tricycle is not exempted, and I am sure that I passed in the © Zone during the charging times but I dont know how many times and i it was during the charging hours. I didn't receive any PNC although my address is registered in the DVLA V5C form.

How can I know if I am charged? and how can I pay if I still do not have a UK driving licence number yet.

I'm new to this, someone told me that all penalties are sent to my home address, but as I said I did not receive anything so far.

Thanks in advance for your help !!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Tue, 6 Mar 2018 - 00:52
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 6 Mar 2018 - 01:04
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

You don't need a driving licence number to pay a PCN. Which country is your driving license from?

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
ford poplar
post Tue, 6 Mar 2018 - 02:04
Post #3

Member No.: 24,962

Is the DVLA aware of your current address?

+Quote Post
DastardlyDick
post Tue, 6 Mar 2018 - 08:25
Post #4

Member No.: 54,871

Assuming that it's your name and current address on the V5, they have up to 28 days to serve a postal PCN - if your trike is leased, it's longer.
Depending on where your current Licence is from from, you may have to do a UK Driving test to obtain a licence after the 12 months.

This post has been edited by DastardlyDick: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 - 08:31

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 6 Mar 2018 - 08:38
Post #5

Member No.: 59,924

I think motorised tricycles are also liable for the emissions zone charge even if exempt if you don't register them...

+Quote Post
DastardlyDick
post Tue, 6 Mar 2018 - 09:07
Post #6

Member No.: 54,871

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 6 Mar 2018 - 08:38) *
I think motorised tricycles are also liable for the emissions zone charge even if exempt if you don't register them...

Your absolutely right.

The T-Charge "standard" for motorised tricycles is Euro 3 - 2.3g CO/km, 0.2g/km Hydrocarbons and 0.15g/km NoX and applies to vehicles registered after 1st Jan 2001.

This post has been edited by DastardlyDick: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 - 09:16

+Quote Post
amri
post Thu, 8 Mar 2018 - 09:51
Post #7

Member No.: 96,874

Thanks for the replies,

I registered to the tfl Congestion Charge website, I was hoping that things might become clear if there were a way to registered my car, It seems that this is only a payment platform.

It seems there is no way I can know if I am charged or not. I only have to wait for the PCN to arrive.

however since you guys mentioned the T-charge: here is what I found after I searched for my vehicle:

[[ Thank you for using the T-Charge checker. Your vehicle is not subject to the T-Charge.

Your vehicle meets at least the Euro 4 / IV standard (Euro 3 if you are a motorised tricycle or quadricycle).

The classification of your vehicle may change if Transport for London receives information regarding its emissions that shows it does not comply with the T- Charge emissions standards.

Please remember you may still be subject to the central London Congestion Charge. You can pay the Congestion Charge here

Your vehicle may also be affected by the tighter emissions standards of the forthcoming Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) which may come into effect from as early as 2019, subject to consultation. ]]

so I think it is not affected by the T- Charge.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 12th December 2018 - 04:07
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.