Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Dates different
snowdragon
post Sat, 3 Mar 2018 - 18:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,844

Evening all,

I received a NIP/S172 form for speeding on X date. I completed the form and sent it back to the police. I was slightly confused as the car I didn't think I was there at the time, nor the speed alleged - and CCTV backs this up from my address. I made a phone call to the police and was told the offence wouldn't be discussed, and should I wish to do so a Court hearing would be the correct place to discuss my concerns. I noted the concerns on the S172 form within the comments box.

I heard nothing for a few months then received a summons.

However, the offence date on the summons charge sheet contains a completely different date to the NIP/S172 notice. The statement attached also shows a different date. The dates are not one or two days out, but nearly 4 weeks.

The vehicle has a number of people insured to drive it. The registered keeper, me, received no further NIPs/S172 notices.

It seems I am charged on the basis of the original response to X date, and been charged for an offence on Y date. I responded naming a driver for X date, not Y date - and of course I wasn't to know they wanted a driver for Y date.

Any thoughts before I respond to the summons?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 22)
Advertisement
post Sat, 3 Mar 2018 - 18:47
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
andy_foster
post Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 15:38
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 14:27) *
Seems likely he has a summons?

Unlike some, I can actually read. I can also exercise critical thinking and question the validity and accuracy of purported facts.

Depending on whether s. 29(4) CJA 2003 is in force or not, public prosecutors issuing a summons (as opposed to an SJPN or postal requisition) is either merely vanishingly rare or unlawful.

--------------------
Andy

Millenial (noun): a person who is offended at being told "Suck it up, buttercup"

+Quote Post
snowdragon
post Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 16:48
Post #22

QUOTE (andy_foster @ Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 15:38) *
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 14:27) *
Seems likely he has a summons?

Unlike some, I can actually read. I can also exercise critical thinking and question the validity and accuracy of purported facts.

Depending on whether s. 29(4) CJA 2003 is in force or not, public prosecutors issuing a summons (as opposed to an SJPN or postal requisition) is either merely vanishingly rare or unlawful.

Apologies it is a postal requisition. My reference to summons is simply what I called it generically.

+Quote Post
snowdragon
post Tue, 13 Mar 2018 - 14:28
Post #23

Trial date set.
Let's see what the CPS have to say. No file as yet!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 20th September 2018 - 17:26
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.