PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Failure To Notify, Threads merged
Ariel
post Mon, 30 Oct 2017 - 21:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,760

My Ex is still using my address for his licence and vehicles. He received a speeding ticket last month which I passed onto him, it would appear he has done nothing with it as I have received a reminder!

How long does it usually take from receiving the reminder to the police escalating it to the next step, which I am assuming is court??

I used to deal with everything like this for him and would fill the paperwork in and get him to sign it. As we have split up and things aren't particularly amicable I am not helping him, but am passing the mail on for him to deal with.

I have asked him to stop using my address but it is falling on deaf ears! ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 22)
Advertisement
post Mon, 30 Oct 2017 - 21:23
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
thisisntme
post Mon, 12 Mar 2018 - 11:17
Post #21

Member No.: 70,566

Or contact the police on 101 and tell them that you are concerned that your ex may be driving your child around while disqualified and uninsured. They will be able to check the insurance and licence status.

--------------------
I reserve the right to be wrong.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Mon, 12 Mar 2018 - 13:44
Post #22

Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 22:25) *
Bearing in mind the above you might want to wind your neck in.

How can anyone say it is PCoJ without any further details? For all anyone knows he was living at the address at the time. Could have MH conditions like psychosis which affected his judgement.

If someone writes into the DVLA saying they are moving to the moon, and please direct correspondence there, would that also constitute PCoJ>

I think, with respect, posters need to be careful about throwing around fairly serious allegations on the basis of almost no information. We already know that in the case of third parties seeking advice there tends to be some degree of Chinese whispers in passing on advice. Bearing in mind Simon's post didn't make any reference to which offence he was referring to, it is playing with fire - and quite possibly likely to make the OP's partner dig a bit further into the sand.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Mon, 12 Mar 2018 - 13:46
Post #23

Member No.: 18,483

Mentioning PCOJ in the circumstances is completely justified.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 13th December 2018 - 14:36
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.