PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

53 Minutes in Parking Eye in Ilford -Premier Inn, Heavy Rain!
sgbb
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 17:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,839

Hello to all the superheroes who spend their time on this site, helping others.

Just to clarify: The R/K was at work when this ticket was given. The driver of the vehicle is not the R/K.

The driver drove in to meet someone at the Premier Inn, at Redbridge Roundabout in London.

It was raining very heavily when the driver drove in, and the driver hadn't paid any heed to the parking signs. The driver waited for someone else to turn up. After 20 minutes of waiting inside the vehicle, the driver met a business associate who had parked up besides him. Afterwards, both drivers drove back out of the car park and now the R/K has received a ticket and the business associate has also got a ticket!

Any help that I can forward to the driver, would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks,

Please see below link for photo of letter.

https://ibb.co/wg9bzgh

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 17:44
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 18:17
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Looks like a ‘golden ticket’ from the dates.

Please confirm the rear doesn’t mention Protection of Freedoms Act.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Dave65
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 18:44
Post #3

Member No.: 78,368

Is the car a lease/hired vehicle?

You`ve left a lot of personal details on that PPN, it could be identified by a PPC who may read these forums.

Best to take down and re-submit.

+Quote Post
sgbb
post Fri, 19 Jul 2019 - 08:43
Post #4

Hi JLC,

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm, that having looked at the back of the paper, there is nothing about Protection of Freedoms act.

I have attached a photo of the back of the paper.

Kindest regards,

https://ibb.co/LdGQ8fC

Hi Dave65.

No the car isn't a hire or lease vehicle.

I didn't think there was any reason to hide my VRM. Unless you think there is? I can't see the problem if they do view it. I wasn't the driver at the time, nor am I the R/K.

Thanks for your post however. If others also say I should hide more information, then I will take down and resubmit.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 19 Jul 2019 - 11:58
Post #5

Member No.: 49,223

Golden ticket!

Dear Poke in the Eye,

I have just received your Parking Charge Notice *** for vehicle *******.

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or from any debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours

The keeper

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
sgbb
post Sat, 20 Jul 2019 - 10:56
Post #6

Hi JLC,

It goes without saying that I cannot thank you enough for your help and advice.

Please name a charity that you're particularly fond of.

Kindest regards,

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 10:08
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here