PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

COURT SUMMONS RECEIVED FROM UKCPS, FAILURE TO DISPLAY A BLUE BADGE
flyguy007
post Mon, 17 Mar 2014 - 12:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,480

Just received county court summons for not displaying blue badge while parked in a disabled bay,with my disabled (blue badge holder) 86year old mother in law.
Has anybody got any ideas as to the best way of defending this action?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Mon, 17 Mar 2014 - 12:41
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 17 Mar 2014 - 14:05
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Very little to go on. Presumably they placed a PCN on the car, sent letters etc?

It's not a summons - it's a civil claim.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Alexis
post Mon, 17 Mar 2014 - 19:50
Post #3

Member No.: 15,638

At this stage explain circumstances and put down some bullets about the charge not amounting to a genuine pre-estimate of loss for breach of contract, contractual penalty etc. The full defence sent in 14 days before any hearing date is the main thing, so just submit a skeleton at this stage.

I would then contact UKCPS and explain circumstances and maybe offer to refund £25 hearing fee if they withdraw claim. They probably wouldn't relish a blue badge case with you and your 86 year old blue badge holder in attendance. Or, depending how bolshy you're feeling, tell them the circumstances and that you look forward to seeing them in court.

+Quote Post
flyguy007
post Mon, 17 Mar 2014 - 20:31
Post #4

Member No.: 69,480

Your absolutely right JIC,it is a CC claim form,and yes I had received a PCN and several letters, but treated them as speculative invoices and ignored them!

Thanks Alexis for your advice,I prefer the second option, and take them on in court.Can it be heard in my local county court or is it at the court issuing the claim?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 17 Mar 2014 - 21:19
Post #5

Member No.: 49,223

Your local court. Ignoring is old advice, especially these guys as they do issue claims, especially for disabled spaces (as 'abuse' is frowned upon) but part of your defence will be that a genuine bb holder was involved.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Mon, 17 Mar 2014 - 23:52
Post #6

Member No.: 32,130

QUOTE (flyguy007 @ Mon, 17 Mar 2014 - 20:31) *
Your absolutely right JIC,it is a CC claim form,and yes I had received a PCN and several letters, but treated them as speculative invoices and ignored them! Thanks Alexis for your advice,I prefer the second option, and take them on in court.Can it be heard in my local county court or is it at the court issuing the claim?

I have got a pre-written UKCPS defence wording so pm me if you want to see it. Also give me a little bit more detail such as was it a retail park, was the badge forgotten or slipped out of sight, did they send a Notice before Claim first, recently? And finally I would want to see a pic of the actual sign onsite and the words of their 'particulars of claim' and the amount they are claiming, please.

All by pm if you prefer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 14:54
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here