PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ripped off with second hand car
Topper3115
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 18:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,149

Hi I wonder if anyone has any advice please?

In May I bought a second hand car from a garage. It was an AA assured garage. 10 weeks later the car breaks down a long way from home. AA tows car (but stupidly I only drop it at a local garage near where it broke down) Ring garage, garage say tough luck.
Ring AA - they say they will get in touch with the garage and tell them to uphold the law. EVENTUALLY the car has to be towed (at my expense) back to the garage. The garage then take weeks to 'repair' the car by replacing the engine. This process takes 9 weeks in total.

I pick up the car but I don't trust the garage. I take it to our own garage and put it through an MOT. It fails. The mechanic tells me the garage had damaged the suspension arms covers when they dropped the replacement engine in. It also has a very badly corroded headlight. I pay £250 for the repair. By this time the car has been broken down for 11 weeks.

On the way home from the garage the car breaks down. The fan is not working, the coils are very poor, the cylinder head is misfiring and there's a problem with the fuel sensor according to the AA roadside report.

I contact the garage again - I threaten legal action. They offer me a £1000 refund on a car that I bought at £1600.

What do you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 20)
Advertisement
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 18:41
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
mickR
post Fri, 13 Oct 2017 - 19:13
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,919

You are covered by the law. AA approved or not.... as has already bern mentioned more than once.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 25th February 2018 - 01:40
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.