Reply to this topicStart new topic
Successful appeal vs Excel
mattsk
post Sun, 24 Sep 2017 - 20:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93,456

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...115158&st=0

at the end the appeal was slightly reworded but not too much.
Dear Sir or Madam,

On 9/8/2017 at 20:53 a vehicle registered to me was issued with a parking charge for overstaying at Woolpack Lane carpark, Nottingham, NG7 2NL. I believe that this charge was issued unfairly and I am not liable for the amount payable due to following reasons:

1. You are a member of the International Parking Community (IPC) and this ticket has been issued in contravention of its code of practice. The IPC Code of Practice (paragraph 15) suggests that a grace period should be given when entering as well as leaving the car park premises as quoted below:
15.1 Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to park and read any signs so they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to remain on the site.
15.2 Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to leave a site after a pre-paid or permitted period of parking has expired.

I believe this was not the case on this occasion as the grace period was given only when entering the car park. It is an industry standard to allow all vehicles of 10-minute grace period. As an example, one of the industry leaders, the British Parking Association (BPA) which Excel was a part of, clearly indicates amount of period given (15 minute) in the following document http://www.britishparking.co.uk/News/good-...s-grace-periods
Furthermore, majority of other parking management companies including local councils allow minimum of 10-minutes grace period.

2. There is no indication that the equipment used to take photographic evidence was correctly calibrated and synchronised against the parking meter. I believe that the photographs have been taken prematurely as the driver arrived within required time to purchase another ticket. I require you to produce evidence to the contrary. The calibration and synchronisation of the equipment is not inclusive a previously mentioned grace period as per The IPC Code of Practice

For the avoidance of doubt, I will not disclose any detail regarding the driver of the vehicle on the day in question, as I do not have any obligation to do so as a registered keeper of the vehicle.

Email (with a letter) received on 23/9/17 stating that fine has been cancelled

Thanks again to everyone who contributed smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 23:31
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here