PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Lambeth Parking : 31j Entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited (Westminster Bridge)
estevenin
post Sun, 25 Aug 2019 - 02:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97,816

Hi all,

Received that PCN for stopping in a yellow box junction : The car has only a few bit in the box, and from the pictures, 7 seconds after the stopped picture, the car is long gone. Not even fully sure that I stopped at all in this junction. I understand from the Traffic and Regulation's that the lenth and the time that the car is in the box is irrelevant, in that case which argument could be used against this non-sense ? I looked around and saw other cases where the car was forced in the box, or a car stepped in front of them, but none similar to this.

Also, I requested the full video from lambeth council on the 5th of August, their automatic response says "We aim to respond fully to your query within 10 working days.@, but today 20 days after, they still didn't respond and I wasn't able to watch the full video of the CCTV

Note : The PCN has been served way after the contravention, because it has been served first to the hired company, I asked them to make a transfer of liability.

PCN and Pictures

image upload

Thanks in advance for your help

This post has been edited by estevenin: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 - 02:18
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Advertisement
post Sun, 25 Aug 2019 - 02:14
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 25 Aug 2019 - 07:57
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

show us all documents

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sun, 25 Aug 2019 - 08:55
Post #3

Member No.: 59,924

The purpose of that box looks like it's changed from allowing a right turn from the side road.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 26 Aug 2019 - 12:54
Post #4

Member No.: 42,618

The council website says you've made a representation and they replied on Tuesday 20th August, so show us what you sent and also show us their response in full.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
estevenin
post Mon, 26 Aug 2019 - 16:04
Post #5

I did not make representations, but as I mentioned earlier the PCN was first served to the hiring company. Then the company did a transfer of liability (I guess that's why iit is displayed as I made representations), then I received the PCN. The only other document that I have is the other PCN served first to the hiring company, which is strictly identical.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 26 Aug 2019 - 16:26
Post #6

QUOTE (estevenin @ Mon, 26 Aug 2019 - 17:04) *
I did not make representations, but as I mentioned earlier the PCN was first served to the hiring company. Then the company did a transfer of liability (I guess that's why iit is displayed as I made representations), then I received the PCN. The only other document that I have is the other PCN served first to the hiring company, which is strictly identical.

What is the PCN number of the first PCN ? is it the same as the one addressed to you?

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 27 Aug 2019 - 12:00
Post #7

You need to press the council for the video, but if they don't come back in time you'll need to make a representation without having seen it.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
estevenin
post Tue, 27 Aug 2019 - 21:53
Post #8

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 26 Aug 2019 - 17:26) *
What is the PCN number of the first PCN ? is it the same as the one addressed to you?

Yes, it is LJ12160951. The first PCN : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kts3vcubde2cape/p...738%5D.pdf?dl=0

Alright I'll call them and try to get is ASAP

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 27 Aug 2019 - 23:06
Post #9

They cannot have two PCN's live at the same time and they must have or yours would be a different number, so it would seem they have acted outwith the regs

--------------------

+Quote Post
estevenin
post Tue, 3 Sep 2019 - 09:14
Post #10

I called them, and they said that the only evidences that they have are the pictures from the PCN, that they don't have any video. I was surprised and I asked again to confirm, and they confirmed "there is no video, the only evidences we have are the pictures that you can see from the website".

So I guess I will have to do with this (and can mention that on the appeal).

I will send my appeal tomorrow as it is the last day, any idea of which arguments I could present ?

I'd include that the car has not stopped, as 6 seconds after the "stopped" picture, the car is gone from the box. The light is green as well so the car was simply on the move as the traffic forward was going...

(So you are saying that after the transfer of liability, I should have received a new PCN number, instead of the number beeing the same as the one sent to the hiring agency right ?)

This post has been edited by estevenin: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 - 09:15

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 3 Sep 2019 - 09:43
Post #11

QUOTE (estevenin @ Tue, 3 Sep 2019 - 10:14) *
I called them, and they said that the only evidences that they have are the pictures from the PCN, that they don't have any video. I was surprised and I asked again to confirm, and they confirmed "there is no video, the only evidences we have are the pictures that you can see from the website".

So I guess I will have to do with this (and can mention that on the appeal).

I will send my appeal tomorrow as it is the last day, any idea of which arguments I could present ?

I'd include that the car has not stopped, as 6 seconds after the "stopped" picture, the car is gone from the box. The light is green as well so the car was simply on the move as the traffic forward was going...

(So you are saying that after the transfer of liability, I should have received a new PCN number, instead of the number beeing the same as the one sent to the hiring agency right ?)

Yes yes yes two people have a PCN ( only one as it is the same number.) if the hire company have a cancellation notice then that PCN is cancelled end of. IF not they cannot have served on you because they must cancel one before service on another person

--------------------

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 9 Sep 2019 - 13:51
Post #12

See if you can get a copy of the cancellation letter from the hire company, that's your trump card.

--------------------
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 18th September 2019 - 22:50
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.