PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Speeding/Criminal Case Success Stories!
firefly
post Fri, 20 Aug 2004 - 23:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 298

I am trying to build a library of all the PePiPoo cases that have had happy endings, be it written confirmation or timed out.

Can all users post the link to their (or any other cases they know about) threads so a database can be made up. Once I have a list I will edit this post and update it as and when required.

Not that we get them that often, but when the trolls appear on the site and start having a go, it would be nice to point them in the direction of people who have "had a go" and came out unscathed.

Cheers.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
31 Pages V  « < 29 30 31  
Start new topic
Replies (600 - 608)
Advertisement
post Fri, 20 Aug 2004 - 23:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
HMV
post Fri, 5 Aug 2011 - 01:19
Post #601

Member No.: 45,566

My case was discontinued by the courts.

This post has been edited by nemo: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 - 06:45
Reason for edit: Added link to original thread

+Quote Post
Aretnap
post Thu, 11 Aug 2011 - 14:10
Post #602

Member No.: 40,109

Rustledust

Clamped in own estate car park. Judgement awarded against clampers and management company.

+Quote Post
thanks
post Sat, 24 Sep 2011 - 19:27
Post #603

Member No.: 49,860

QUOTE (firefly @ Sat, 21 Aug 2004 - 00:28) *
I am trying to build a library of all the PePiPoo cases that have had happy endings, be it written confirmation or timed out.

Can all users post the link to their (or any other cases they know about) threads so a database can be made up. Once I have a list I will edit this post and update it as and when required.

Not that we get them that often, but when the trolls appear on the site and start having a go, it would be nice to point them in the direction of people who have "had a go" and came out unscathed.

Cheers.

I just wanted to say that largely down to all the advice on PepiPoo I was able to win my case in magistrates court. I had been accused of using a mobile phone while driving. I hadn't touched my mobile but the case went all the way to court. From reading other people's stories I was lucky that there was only one officer in the patrol car that stopped me. I took advice from one of the forums here to write down all the questions I might want to ask the officer in court, I scripted a full defence statement and went armed with a print out of all my mobile phone outgoing calls. I also took a screen shot of my phone's call activity on the day of the non-offence. I think the advice to dress as smartly as possible also helped. As did stressing that I'd no points on my licence and pointing out that the whole process will have cost a lot more - financially and in terms of stress - than just paying a fixed penalty charge. Finally I think a big part of the case was that the police do not bother getting phone activity records from mobile phone operators. Apparently it's because of the high cost. If they had got the records they could have dropped the case months ago and not wasted all that court and CPS time and money. So thanks again to everyone who posted advice on cases such as mine.

+Quote Post
henrik777
post Fri, 6 Jan 2012 - 18:25
Post #604

Member No.: 24,123

No case to answer.

+Quote Post
nemo
post Mon, 9 Jan 2012 - 18:48
Post #605

Member No.: 2,073

zed346..

Alleged excess speed, detected by VASCAR. OP pleaded not guilty and advised PF of concerns over 'non-Type Approved' device.

Case dropped before trial, no reason given.

+Quote Post
desktop_demon
post Sat, 18 Feb 2012 - 08:28
Post #606

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 21,303

daytrippa defended a long and twisted case of alleged speeding detected by a pro laser 3. The prosecution failed on terminal signage issues.

--------------------
When your life finally flashes in front of you - let's hope there's something worth watching.

+Quote Post
timmycon
post Mon, 27 Feb 2012 - 15:26
Post #607

Member No.: 50,513

Just to let you know of another case won thanks to this site.
A PCN was issued bt Waltham Forest Council for Entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited.
This was at the junction of Forest Road E17/Kingsley Rd E17 .

Briefly my partner recieved a PCN for the above through the post and said she had no recollection of the incident.
The photographic evidence provided showed her in the box junction but the road ahead was clear.
I advised her to go see the DVD, which she did (apparently I am not allowed to view it, just her).
She said the DVD was unclear and she had stopped but was unclear as to the reasons why.
The appeal letter to the council stating the fact that her lane was clear was rejected and so we went to Patas.
patas sent all the evidence including the DVD, I then viewed the DVD and after viewing I have to say I was not optimistic, the DVD showed that she did indeed stop and indicate to join the left hand lane, which was blocked, something she had failed to tell me (I know I know).
Anyway the appeal was already in and was based on the wording of the law as regards box junctions, the fact that in the letter of rejection they had not addressed her specific points (i.e. the exit was clear).And the invalidity of the original PCN in not giving correct information as to the period of appeal (as is standard on this site).
Today we recieved the following -:

'Although it is undoubtedly the case that the Appellant's vehicle stopped within the box junction a contravention under Schedule 19 Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions only occurs if the vehicle has to stop due to the presence of stationary vehicles. The road ahead is seen to be clear with no vehicles blocking her exit. Whatever it was that caused the vehicle to stop I am not satisfied that the contravention is proved. As the Appeal falls to be allowed on the merits it is unnecessary to go into detail as to why I do not accept the Appellant's submissions that the PCN itself is defective'

Appeal allowed! (although I have to say although she was within the letter of the law, the dozy *** probabaly deserved a fine).
Basically if the the exit is clear (and I think this means either exit in a two lane road), then you are in the clear.

What with this and my recent success with Redbridge and their Clements road no car zone (no road signage) I am on a roll.

Many thanks to all on here for the advice and documentation, the letter of appeal I sent to Patas looked like it could have come from a solicitor.
Well done and once again many thanks.

+Quote Post
WageSlave
post Wed, 29 Feb 2012 - 12:30
Post #608

Member No.: 49,581

Just thought I'd post to say that a guy I helped managed to get his £467 back from the Newlon Housing Trust after being clamped and towed by N18 Vehicle Pound Ltd (a successor company to the now dissolved Newline Securities) after parking in Piper Close, London N7 just off the Caledonian Road. I drafted up an N1 claim form with which he threatened to sue Newlon, the clamping company and its operatives for his £467 and a whole bunch more. And a piece in the London Evening Standard was also threatened.

. . . Newlon decided that they'd give the guy his money back, after all. Very sweet of them really.

Here's a copy of the N1 claim form:-

This post has been edited by WageSlave: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 - 12:34

+Quote Post
Herts Hammer
post Mon, 5 Mar 2012 - 11:31
Post #609

Member No.: 13,405

Dunblane, A9, Scotland. Speeding. Went unsigned. Local police attempted to follow up a couple of times. Timed out after 6 months.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=64955&st=0

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 29 30 31
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:26
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here