Member No.: 38,559

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Thu, 16 Nov 2017 - 15:49
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 61,506

As someone who lives four doors down from a school I can well understand the comedy.

My daughter goes to a different school which I drive her to (Catholic - CoE? My wife tells me it's important that my daughter can't go to the close school because Catholic... CoE? As an atheist I don't understand). Every morning if I'm not out in time I get blocked in.

Wife rang me once, ranting that I'd not taken the car to work because it was parked in the drive. I told her someone must've stolen it and driven it back home because it was definitely at the railway station car park when I left it. Nope. That can't be it. Someone parked in our drive during school run pickup.

Neighbour once knocked and asked if that car was mine parked in their driveway. I answered no and sadly closed the door.
+Quote Post
post Tue, 21 Nov 2017 - 20:54
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,066

They come to claim their space outside our house at 2pm for a 3.20pm pick up from school, just to drive RTFC (As we 'professional' drivers call it!). They have to walk further from the car to the school than they would have had to from home, if they don't get to their rightful space on time!

EDIT: And, of course, we're getting to the time of year when the engines are continually idling, for up to an hour, to keep the car warm for little Johnnie when he gets in; don't want him getting cold!

This post has been edited by cabbyman: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 - 20:56

Cabbyman 8 PPCs 0
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 20th March 2018 - 07:55
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.