PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Yellow Zig Zag lines, 3 point turn ticket?
chrisnasah
post Wed, 17 Oct 2018 - 14:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,311

Hello,

I was driving along a road and noticed i was in wrong direction, i went into a side road and did a 3 point turn so i could travel on the opposite side.

Whilst driving along i noticed a mobile cctv car in the corner, see attached image.

Is it possible i have now got a ticket?

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Wed, 17 Oct 2018 - 14:50
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Wed, 17 Oct 2018 - 15:03
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

What time was this and where. The CCTV was no doubt there for the school no stopping times. You have to stop on the zig zags though.

+Quote Post
chrisnasah
post Wed, 17 Oct 2018 - 15:09
Post #3

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Wed, 17 Oct 2018 - 16:03) *
What time was this and where. The CCTV was no doubt there for the school no stopping times. You have to stop on the zig zags though.

This was in Kenton London. Yes it was during the no stopping times hence why he was there. I did not stop, i just turn on to the left road a bit, did a quick 3 point turn, allowed traffic to pass and joined the main road by turning right. I only got worried when i saw him and noticed yellow lines on the side road too.

I did the 3 point turn in the red marking.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by chrisnasah: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 - 15:11

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Wed, 17 Oct 2018 - 15:22
Post #4

Member No.: 59,924

Technically you can be ticketed for even a minimal stop of a second. The only way you'll know is if you get a PCN. Come back if you do and update this thread.

Is the car registered to you at your current access - don't assume, check the V5C doc.

+Quote Post
chrisnasah
post Wed, 17 Oct 2018 - 15:44
Post #5

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Wed, 17 Oct 2018 - 16:22) *
Technically you can be ticketed for even a minimal stop of a second. The only way you'll know is if you get a PCN. Come back if you do and update this thread.

Is the car registered to you at your current access - don't assume, check the V5C doc.

Yep it is registered to current address.

I will update if i receive a PCN.

Thanks

+Quote Post
KH_
post Fri, 19 Oct 2018 - 16:02
Post #6

Member No.: 66,409

When you say three point turn do you mean an actual three point turn, with reverse gears etc. or a loop/circle?

If you just looped they'd be pretty harsh to ticket you for stopping at a give way.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Fri, 19 Oct 2018 - 16:45
Post #7

Member No.: 38,559

QUOTE (KH_ @ Fri, 19 Oct 2018 - 17:02) *
When you say three point turn do you mean an actual three point turn, with reverse gears etc. or a loop/circle?

If you just looped they'd be pretty harsh to ticket you for stopping at a give way.

Very harsh and stupid if they did.
Normally they are looking for cars that stop for no reason, often to let the kids out.
But any stopping, ie, checking phone, setting sat nav or the like would be included.
Stopping during the normal course of driving is not a contravention so even if an actual three point turn with stops between forward and reverse, doubt you will see anything from it.

+Quote Post
Ocelot
post Fri, 19 Oct 2018 - 17:55
Post #8

Member No.: 1,326

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 19 Oct 2018 - 17:45) *
QUOTE (KH_ @ Fri, 19 Oct 2018 - 17:02) *

Very harsh and stupid if they did.
Normally they are looking for cars that stop for no reason, often to let the kids out.
But any stopping, ie, checking phone, setting sat nav or the like would be included.
Stopping during the normal course of driving is not a contravention so even if an actual three point turn with stops between forward and reverse, doubt you will see anything from it.

I would agree, as you weren't actual stopping, just driving.

+Quote Post
Korting
post Sun, 21 Oct 2018 - 11:54
Post #9

Member No.: 37,524

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Wed, 17 Oct 2018 - 16:22) *

I thought I recognised that road......

On that basis, if you stopped at a crossing you could get nicked, It would be totally unreasonable and I would be very surprised if it didn't win on appeal,

This post has been edited by Korting: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 - 11:55

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 14:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here