PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Eye PCN for entering only the number
mic-hael
post Sat, 17 Feb 2018 - 00:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,597

Probably a quite common problem post... help!!!
Aug last year travelled to Tynemouth parked at the station it was extremely busy.... didn't see the ANPR hidden in the trees ,
parked, paid for 4hrs machine said "ENTER REG NUMBER" which I did.....only the number which in the town I live was the norm for people passing tickets around,
anyway..a few weeks later I receive the PCN for overstaying...
luckily I thought I still had the ticket ..appealed with a copy of ticket,
admitted I was driving....FOOL I know now....appeal overruled
PCN now for incorrect information....appealed again....overruled.....
Popla overruled .
Contacted the Sunday papers he had as much luck as me ...
I didn't receive a letter telling me POPLA had overruled I read it in the Sunday Paper!!.
We are now at the threatening letter stage,
this company has no loss, I paid to park, followed their instructions, if the machine had said " enter full reg "
I wouldn't have too much of an argument but wanting £100 when it cost £1.20p to park is taking the pee,
and what was my crime?......sorry for moaning on,any advice will be gratefully accepted
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 45)
Advertisement
post Sat, 17 Feb 2018 - 00:48
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
mic-hael
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 20:12
Post #41

Good evening people, well Equita seemed to have passed it over to DRP, or are they the same company?, I presume file and ignore as with the Equita ones? One thing that caught my eye, How can a debt recovery company be a member of the BPA and the IPC, or am I missing something here

+Quote Post
Glacier2
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 20:19
Post #42

Member No.: 1,131

They pay 2 membership fees. They can be in both ATAs.

Equita just pass it on to DRP. You can ignore DRP.

+Quote Post
mic-hael
post Sun, 30 Jun 2019 - 00:28
Post #43

Well another tedious letter arrived from DRP threatening a "Notice of intended court action" I assume ignore and file with the rest of the sh** . I always thought that using threatening behaviour and intimidation was a criminal offense , unless you are a parking shyster or one of its debt collecting henchmen I suppose!!!

+Quote Post
Sheffield Dave
post Sun, 30 Jun 2019 - 05:48
Post #44

Member No.: 62,052

Ignore

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Sun, 30 Jun 2019 - 07:52
Post #45

Member No.: 96,238

An (empty threat) warning of legal action isn't threatening behaviour

DRP can't take anyone to court because it isn't their debt and, if ParkingEye takes you to court, DRP gets nothing

unless you are a parking shyster or one of its debt collecting henchmen I suppose!!!

You are correct on this point
Parking "debts" and their collection don't fall under the consumer credit act or any other regulation
Debt collectors don't have to follow the Financial Conduct Authority fair collection procedures

The DVLA originally required following the FCA procedures as a condition of access to the keeper database
When it discovered that no regulatory authority was concerned with the industry, it decided to drop the requirement

To its shame, the British Parking Association "driving up standards in the parking industry" takes the view that debt collectors are doing nothing wrong if it isn't against the BPA Code of Practice - which doesn't mention the subject.
One of its officials even told me at the Parkex trade show that there was nothing wrong with demanding payments from people that the companies knew were not liable for them.

Too much to expect the BPA to introduce the FCA procedure as a minimum standard

+Quote Post
mic-hael
post Sun, 30 Jun 2019 - 19:18
Post #46

Thanks chaps, no doubt more will follow, I suppose if you're are easily intimidated it is rich pickings , I can be a bit on the stubborn side and I still have the ticket I purchased to park in the first place. The sad thing is I used to visit Tynemouth maybe every 3 weeks now I'm lucky if I go about every 2 months and if I cant find parking other than the PE carpark I dont stay

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 08:41
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here