Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Vehicle Control Services CCJ advice
ben992
post Tue, 30 Dec 2014 - 18:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,926

Hi All

I lived in an apartment in my final year as a student. I bought my car up for 5 months (Jan 2014-May-2014) and parked it out side my apartment block. Everybody at this apartment did the same as no other parking was available.

The land was owned by Vehicle Control Services Limited.
After reading online at the time i decided it was best to ignore the first few tickets and as everybody at the apartment was doing the same i didn't think anything else would come from it.

I recently checked my Credit score (Dec 2014) out of interest and found i had a CCJ against my name from August 2014 however it had been sent to an old address that i had moved out in September 2013. I had received other letters at my current address but not a CCJ so therefore i carried on ignoring them.

After research i think the best way to go is to fill in a N244 form and state the CCJ was sent to the wrong address. However i was wondering if anyone could firstly tell me if this is correct advice or is it too late? and secondly do i have a leg to stand on defending this claim as the amount of tickets I've received is over 10.

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Tue, 30 Dec 2014 - 18:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Gan
post Tue, 30 Dec 2014 - 19:06
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,239

Ben

Could you post this in your original thread ?

Yes, N244 is the only way to deal with this
You must also show that you had a reasonable prospect of defending the claim

Go to the Parking Prankster for the guide to fighting ParkingEye claims
Most of the advice will apply

It's a near certainty that the land wasn't owned by VCS
Out of interest, was their name on any signs ?
They have been known to bring claims for locations where they don't have contracts

The advice to "Ignore" has been out-of-date for more than two years
If you had challenged the tickets at the time and done so properly, VCS would have quickly got the message that it was costing them £30 a time and they would have left your car alone

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 10:43
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here