PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

URN not recognised
Alphaman101
post Mon, 23 Jul 2018 - 22:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93,140

"The Unique Reference Number (URN) isn't valid. Enter the number exactly as it appears on page 1 of the notice"

Why is this happening? I tried entering it into the make a plea site as soon as I received it- it didn't work then so I thought it was because I was trying it too early and it wasn't quite in the system yet so wasn't being recognised. It's a week since I received it and the court date is just over a week away and it's still not working... no idea why...

I've tried varying including the forward slashes, not typing them in but neither works. All the other characters are definitely correct.

The URN is of the following format where # represents a number and * represents a letter:

##/**/#######/##
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Start new topic
Replies (100 - 105)
Advertisement
post Mon, 23 Jul 2018 - 22:35
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 10:18
Post #101

Member No.: 317

RTOA 1988 S.28
(4)Where a person is convicted (whether on the same occasion or not) of two or more offences committed on the same occasion and involving obligatory endorsement, the total number of penalty points to be attributed to them is the number or highest number that would be attributed on a conviction of one of them (so that if the convictions are on different occasions the number of penalty points to be attributed to the offences on the later occasion or occasions shall be restricted accordingly).
(5)In a case where (apart from this subsection) subsection (4) above would apply to two or more offences, the court may if it thinks fit determine that that subsection shall not apply to the offences (or, where three or more offences are concerned, to any one or more of them).

It comes down to
1. Whether the court considers they were committed 'on the same occasion' or not
2. Whether even if they do they then consider two lots of points appropriate anyway.

In your case I'd expect them to say yes to the first and no to the second, so one lot of points (whichever of the two is higher).

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Logician
post Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 13:47
Post #102

Member No.: 36,528

subsection (5) is very rarely used, I remember talking to a very experienced court clerk with a particular interest in traffic who was quite unaware of it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alphaman101
post Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 14:36
Post #103

Also- if licence goes all I have to do is resit the bike tests and I get both car and bike back yeah?

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 16:07
Post #104

Member No.: 90,659

As you haven't told us why you'd lose your licence - presumably new drivers or totting.

Totting you don't need to pass any test.
New drivers you only need to pass one test and you will get both entitlements back.

+Quote Post
Alphaman101
post Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 16:21
Post #105

New driver so woohoo smile.gif

Totting (I assume you mean 12 points) if you lose it how you get back?

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 16:52
Post #106

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (Alphaman101 @ Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 17:21) *
Totting (I assume you mean 12 points) if you lose it how you get back?

You apply for a licence to be issued to you.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 17th November 2018 - 03:37
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.