PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

London Borough Croydon Code 52 - Pitlake Successful Appeal - TWICE, Thought i would post my wording & pictures for reference
Phil_Barker
post Sun, 7 Feb 2021 - 07:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,608

From Derby Road end:

Dear Sir/Madam
I am appealing against the PCN CR******** VRM *******as it is not a fair and valid issue.
In the day in question, I had travelled down Parsons Mead from Derby Road.
Once you drive up Derby Road, and onto Parsons Mead you are committed to the action and HAVE to go through the restriction you have put in place as there is no alternative route you can take, or make a very precarious U turn on parsons Mead.
Furthermore, the approach to Parsons Mead from the south via Derby Road, or Albion Street/Gardeners Road there is NO pre warning that you are entering a restricted zone. If you are aware, you can continue down Roman Way, and make the right onto Sumner Road. This isn’t so much an issue for cars and smaller goods vehicles travelling up Albion Street. However, for a medium to large vehicle that enters Derby Road from Pitlake, they will have to make a 180 degree turn at the junction of Derby Road and Parsons Mead. A Wholly inappropriate maneuverer in a large vehicle with restricted rear view.

In Order to legitimately reach your destination, you have to make a journey from Parsons Mead barrier, down towards Derby Road, comply with the left turn into Pitlake, follow the road under the flyover onto Factory lane, join Roman Way A236, and take your 3rd right A213 Sumner Road. This adds an extra 1.5 miles onto the journey. A not insignificant distance. This will have a serious cumulative effect on the pollution in the area for all residents, as well as an increase in noise pollution. As well as the effect upon the planet with all the extra CO2 being used to perform the journey.

The lack of pre warning that you are entering an area of restricted access is tantamount to entrapment.

This is a temporary scheme allegedly, and I urge you to reconsider the implications of your action.
It is a known fact that London Borough Croydon has declared bankruptcy, and this seems to be a simple way of generating a significant income to try and balance your books.

I therefore direct you to cancel this PCN.

Regards

- - - - - - - - - -

From Montague Road End

Dear Sir/Madam
I am appealing against the PCN CR********, VRM ******** as it is not a fair and valid issue.
In the day in question, I had travelled down Montague Road from London Road and turned left into Parsons Mead. The signage for the “Residents Permit Only” is probably around 20 meters from the junction with Montague Road. Once you make the turn into Parsons Mead you are committed to passing the signage as there is nowhere to safely perform a U Turn in that noticeably short distance. This is tantamount to entrapment, and an exercise in making money by London Borough Croydon. Especially as there are NO signs pre warning you as you enter into Montague Road which is a One Way road.
I therefore direct you to cancel this PCN.

Regards

[Edit]
Pictures wont upload, even though tiny.

This post has been edited by Phil_Barker: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 - 08:03

--------------------
-----------------------------------
A little bit strange:
Has a love for the Rover 800 2 door Coupé
I have 2! Both a little special and rare.
And 2 other Rover 800's!!!
Phil B :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Sun, 7 Feb 2021 - 07:56
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
John U.K.
post Sun, 7 Feb 2021 - 08:43
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,515

Pictures wont upload, even though tiny

Use an external hosting site such as https://imgbb.com/ or https://imgur.com/ and post the links or better the BBcodes here.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 22:25
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here