Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dart Charge OOT Application and finally a full refund from Enforcement Agents
badgerdisco
post Tue, 9 Oct 2018 - 13:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,017

I paid my Dart charge 1 day late, but before the PCN arrived. As many will now know, the unfair system credits your account with another crossing, rather than clearing the debt.

Unfortunately during a recent house move I did not update my address and post was not forwarded - yes, my fault.

By the time I collected the post from the old house (during an unrelated visit!) enforcement were due to my house to collect £192.50.

I filed an Out of Time application within the time limits provided which promises to stop enforcement whilst investigating my claim.
The bailiffs would NOT confirm that they had received this (even though they had!) and we were left with a 2 hour window the following morning where they could legally visit.

This forum led me to twitter where I complained about the stress caused to us by the above situation. Yes, I'm at fault, but paying a £2.50 fine 1 day late does not ever warrant that kind of fine. I also paid it before they told me I had a further 14 days to pay. The system is broken. The twitter helpdesk agreed I'd paid under duress and asked JWB to pay me my money back.

I have since written to my MP who has now written to the transport department. From research and trawling through twitter, many honest people are being caught by this same loophole.

It's time Dart cleared this up by either changing the way they provide information, or making technical changes to ensure people pay off their debts.

This post has been edited by badgerdisco: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 - 13:18
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 12:16
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here