PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Wrong name on V5 but correct address, G4S car parked outside my house today
GoGoGadgetSpeedG...
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 13:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,007

So over a month and a half ago I went past a mobile camera. I'm pretty sure I wasn't speeding but this has me concerned. After nearing the 14 days I checked my V5 form to check my details were correct. I noticed my name on there was spelt wrong but the address was correct. Today a G4S car parked up outside my house, stayed for a while then left so I'm worried that if I had been issued a ticket I haven't received it and now the time to name the driver would be up seeing as G4S deal with court stuff. I checked again to make sure the address on my V5 is correct and it is and I have already sent off for my name to be changed on my V5. Could the NIP have been delayed or not reached me at all due to my name being wrong on my V5?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 13:44
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 13:49
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

What's G4S got to do with a (potential) speeding offence?

QUOTE (GoGoGadgetSpeedGun @ Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 14:44) *
Could the NIP have been delayed or not reached me at all due to my name being wrong on my V5?

It would seem more likely you weren't caught. Your name would make no difference, only the address.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
GoGoGadgetSpeedG...
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 13:58
Post #3

Member No.: 105,007

What's G4S got to do with a (potential) speeding offence?

G4S often deal with things to do with the justice system (electronic tagging, baliffs etc.) so I was thinking they could have been checking that the vehicle is correctly registered to this address before doing something.. idk, I just thought it was a bit coincidental that the car from a company that assists with court matters parks right outside my house just as the date would pass for me to have named the driver if I had received a NIP

+Quote Post
BaggieBoy
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 14:25
Post #4

Member No.: 5,183

Surely if the name was misspelt but the address was correct, the NIP would have been delivered. So if you haven't seen it, then it is unlikely to have been sent. I very much G4S van has any connection, never heard of them getting involved in speeding, At this stage it would be purely a police matter.and nothing to do with the courts.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 15:19
Post #5

Member No.: 38,559

Guilty flee where no man pursueth.

Forget it, G4S would not be involved.
If anyone is going to turn up cos somehow you missed the S172, it would be the police.

Even if it were a council PCN that had progressed to bailiffs, they are not going to drive out to your house and do nothing.
If nowt else they would have left a letter promising to be back and detailing loads of charges.

+Quote Post
facade
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 15:58
Post #6

Member No.: 1,847

If the G4S van were to do with bailiffs or Court enforcement, they would hardly park outside their target house if they want someone to answer the door, they usually park a few doors away. wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 10:26
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here