PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Motorway incident
MFM
post Thu, 7 Sep 2017 - 07:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,550

I drove behind another car on the motorway this morning who opened his window, emptied a can of drink which sprayed all over my car, then threw the can out of the window which hit my car at 70mph leaving a nice deep mark on my front bumper with the paint taken off.

I pulled up alongside him gesticulating to pull over but he just shrugged and sped off. Not only that, but I have probably never seen anyone with such atrocious driving skills. Weaving in and out of traffic without indicating, driving right up the backside of other cars and undertaking and squeezing into gaps where other motorists have to brake to avoid a collision.

I reported him to the police who weren't interested in the slightest. They just said to go through my insurance. I rang my insurance who said it would go down as a fault claim as there's little chance they'd be able to recover the costs from the 3rd party insurer.

What a just world we live in...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Thu, 7 Sep 2017 - 07:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
MFM
post Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 08:39
Post #21

QUOTE (fedup2 @ Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 08:57) *
so what was the 'idiot' doing?

Read the first post.

+Quote Post
fedup2
post Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 08:59
Post #22

Member No.: 10,873

QUOTE (MFM @ Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 09:39) *
QUOTE (fedup2 @ Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 08:57) *
so what was the 'idiot' doing?

Read the first post.

I have but its evolving.....so tell us the Whole story........

"drove behind another car on the motorway this morning who opened his window, emptied a can of drink which sprayed all over my car, then threw the can out of the window "

" I left a bigger than usual gap because of the way the idiot was driving"

This post has been edited by fedup2: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 09:00

+Quote Post
MFM
post Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 09:03
Post #23

QUOTE (fedup2 @ Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 09:59) *

"drove behind another car on the motorway this morning who opened his window, emptied a can of drink which sprayed all over my car, then threw the can out of the window "

No you haven't. Since you are incapable of reading the few lines in my OP, I'll go through the trouble of quoting the relevant bit for you... If that doesn't make it clear to you it's probably best you find another post to troll.

"Not only that, but I have probably never seen anyone with such atrocious driving skills. Weaving in and out of traffic without indicating, driving right up the backside of other cars and undertaking and squeezing into gaps where other motorists have to brake to avoid a collision".

+Quote Post
fedup2
post Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 09:07
Post #24

Sounds like you got your self into a little road rage to me and the result was him throwing objects at you.

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 09:11
Post #25

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Fredd @ Thu, 7 Sep 2017 - 09:58) *
In Fedup's bizarre world it'll probably have been your fault for doing something to cause the driver in front to defend themselves2/driving too close to skilfully avoid the spray and can1/shown yourself to be despicable by grassing up another motorist/some other work of fiction. I know, humour him.

QUOTE (fedup2 @ Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 10:07) *
Sounds like you got your self into a little road rage to me and the result was him throwing objects at you.

Going to go for the hat-trick? sign10.gif

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 08:22
Post #26

Member No.: 317

Physics isn't it, a mist of liquid will easily hang in the air for the 2 seconds between vehicles, of course FU2 is a bit like DJT, science is only right if it agrees with his preconceived hunches.

QUOTE (Fredd @ Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 10:11) *
QUOTE (fedup2 @ Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 10:07) *

Going to go for the hat-trick? sign10.gif

I do hope you don't (have to) ban him, he's funnier than the joke thread!

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 08:23

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
fedup2
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 10:05
Post #27

Ban for what suggesting that we havnt got the whole story? Take the blinkers off your high horse and its obvious to see that we havnt.

we have gone from man tips out can for no reason to the OP miraclessly being behind the vehicle who was ....

"Weaving in and out of traffic without indicating, driving right up the backside of other cars and undertaking and squeezing into gaps where other motorists have to brake to avoid a collision".

So far we have half the story,but still havnt got it all.I was right in suggesting there was more to the story and there WAS and still is.If folk want to ignore the facts then it bothers me not one jot.Some really need to grow up.

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 10:38
Post #28

Webmaster
Group Icon

We haven't "gone from" anything - all that is in the first post. For some reason known only to yourself you ignored that and treated it as news when it was subsequently pointed out. It's almost as if you're re-imagining the thread to support some threadbare theory...

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 10:46
Post #29

Are you for real?

Just look at the sides of the Mway, they are littered with cans and bottles, you think they were ALL thrown as a result of road rage incidents and not just morons outing themselves in a different way?

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
fedup2
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 10:54
Post #30

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 11:46) *
Are you for real?

Just look at the sides of the Mway, they are littered with cans and bottles, you think they were ALL thrown as a result of road rage incidents and not just morons outing themselves in a different way?

Ha ha keep on topic ............

How do you suppose the op managed to get behind a vehicle ......

"Weaving in and out of traffic without indicating, driving right up the backside of other cars and undertaking and squeezing into gaps where other motorists have to brake to avoid a collision".

And if you cant work that out then ask why you would be.Most wouldnt!

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 11:17
Post #31

Ohh, that's tough, how about the guy weaved across in front of him.....really anyone with an IQ of over 90 should figure that one out!

--------------------

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
seank
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 11:17
Post #32

Member No.: 61,183

What a very strange thread.
An OP posts a legitimate question and most of the replies are focussed on having a go at FU2.
Most of his previous posts seem to go ignored, so I wonder what changed here.

To get back on topic, MFM, if you have the other vehicle's reg, why not pay DVLA £2 and get the RK's address?
You may be successful in a civil claim against the RK via www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

+Quote Post
fedup2
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 13:56
Post #33

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 12:17) *
Ohh, that's tough, how about the guy weaved across in front of him.....really anyone with an IQ of over 90 should figure that one out!

Hopefully the op will come back and give the WHOLE story lol

Then nobody has to guess.Something ive been asking for since post 2.

This post has been edited by fedup2: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 13:58

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 16:19
Post #34

Member No.: 16,671

Once upon a time, in a fairyland far away ------

--------------------
17/10/11.

Sme f yu may have nticed I dn't currently have a letter ' ' n my keybard!!!!

S if I appear t be talking mre gibberish than nrmal then that's the answer - the missing 'o' --<<<< Aha, clever eh!? (reserve on-screen keyboard)

+Quote Post
oldstoat
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 18:39
Post #35

Member No.: 25,505

Re spray from a can from a side window and spray from a windscreen washer. I have to agree with FU2 on this, it is a simple matter of aerodynamics. Pour a can out of the side window, most will end up all over the rear door and window, because it is being poured out from a can. The wash liquid is being sprayed onto the windscreen and taken over probably the most aerodynamic part of the vehicle, Therefore, it is quite easy to see how a can emptied will not reach a car travelling behind, where as the wash wipe liquid will

--------------------
Bridges burnt, Rubicons crossed. Parthian shots delivered, but always with style

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - 19:16
Post #36

Webmaster
Group Icon

It will indeed be entrained in the airflow down the side of the vehicle, and turbulence where the flow detaches will spray some over the rear windscreen, but what do you suppose happens to it after that? Guess what, it'll splatter whatever's behind.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

+Quote Post
Tartarus
post Sun, 10 Sep 2017 - 20:23
Post #37

Member No.: 76,324

No where in the OP post does he say that the bad driver was performing these manoeuvres before or after having the can come at him. If the can was one of the first actions...

+Quote Post
glasgow_bhoy
post Sun, 10 Sep 2017 - 22:34
Post #38

Member No.: 22,424

QUOTE (MFM @ Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 10:03) *
QUOTE (fedup2 @ Fri, 8 Sep 2017 - 09:59) *

No you haven't. Since you are incapable of reading the few lines in my OP, I'll go through the trouble of quoting the relevant bit for you... If that doesn't make it clear to you it's probably best you find another post to troll.

"Not only that, but I have probably never seen anyone with such atrocious driving skills. Weaving in and out of traffic without indicating, driving right up the backside of other cars and undertaking and squeezing into gaps where other motorists have to brake to avoid a collision".

How come you were managing to keep up with him if he was driving in the manner described above?

+Quote Post
MFM
post Mon, 11 Sep 2017 - 08:04
Post #39

QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Sun, 10 Sep 2017 - 23:34) *
How come you were managing to keep up with him if he was driving in the manner described above?

I do find a lot of the questions in this thread bizarre. I think a lot of you spend way too much time on here looking for conspiracies. Makes me scared to post anything in the Speeding section if I ever need to as all the time is spent satisfying your own fantasies rather than concentrating on what was asked.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 11 Sep 2017 - 08:28
Post #40

QUOTE (MFM @ Mon, 11 Sep 2017 - 09:04) *
QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Sun, 10 Sep 2017 - 23:34) *

I do find a lot of the questions in this thread bizarre. I think a lot of you spend way too much time on here looking for conspiracies. Makes me scared to post anything in the Speeding section if I ever need to as all the time is spent satisfying your own fantasies rather than concentrating on what was asked.

We need a thumbs up button!

As for fantasies, that's between me and the misses.

--------------------

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 23rd February 2018 - 18:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.