Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Private Parking on waste ground
newmodelarmytroo...
post Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - 07:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,596

Hi
Looking for advise re the following. 2 Years ago a relative parked their car (for which I am the legal owner), on what they thought was waste ground next to a private car park that shared the same entrance.

It turns out that rough waste ground they parked on was part of the tramac private car park. It was dark and unlit (so they never saw the signage saying pay at machne This was because it was dark and because at that time there had been flooded areas of the rough ground that caused them to concentrate on where they were going rather than look for signs. What signage there was just said "Pay at machine". At the time I went there and took photos when my relative told me after I received the PCN. I still have these.

I ignored the initial letters and I had not heard anything until saturday when I received a letter threatening court action.
This was a letter from the same solicitor as another poster on this forum acting for Traffic Control Services. The car park is or was Exel.
I have not responded in any way.

Any views what I should do? I am in scotland.

Could this company be having a "last blast" before deleting peoples data due to GDPR laws?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 23)
Advertisement
post Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - 07:56
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
newmodelarmytroo...
post Wed, 27 Jun 2018 - 16:30
Post #21

Hi

Have already sent just normal post with proof of receipt.

Should I send again recorded delivery?

Regards

+Quote Post
publicenemyno1
post Wed, 27 Jun 2018 - 16:32
Post #22

Member No.: 90,938

In my experience they write back relatively quickly, so personally, I wouldn't write twice, not yet.

+Quote Post
newmodelarmytroo...
post Wed, 27 Jun 2018 - 16:53
Post #23

QUOTE (publicenemyno1 @ Wed, 27 Jun 2018 - 17:32) *
In my experience they write back relatively quickly, so personally, I wouldn't write twice, not yet.

Cool

Thanks

+Quote Post
newmodelarmytroo...
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 18:44
Post #24

QUOTE (newmodelarmytrooper @ Wed, 27 Jun 2018 - 17:53) *
QUOTE (publicenemyno1 @ Wed, 27 Jun 2018 - 17:32) *

Cool

Thanks

Hi
Just to say that is a couple of weeks now since i sent the letter and there has been no response.
Should i be thinking of a data subject request and if so when? Or do i let it lie?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 17th July 2018 - 16:59
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.