Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Alexis
post Tue, 2 Oct 2012 - 10:27
Post #181

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,638

QUOTE (ruffled @ Tue, 2 Oct 2012 - 10:48) *
That makes sense, however, does this mean we continue to ignore the 'tickets' or do we respond stating we are the keeper/driver and we will not be paying. Which element of this new law is actually legal - paying or responding or neither?! The BPA statements and media succinctly imply that we have a legal obligation to reply as the keeper..... very, very confused. I received huge numbers of tickets last year as I have to park in a space on a (questionably) private road in order to protect access in and out of my own driveway; thus I was ticketed/photographed every day by neighbours. I ignored all of them and they stopped - but now? It appears that court summons will be used frequently as they can actually point to the keeper for the payment of ticket and I never received a court summons last year - just debt collectors letters and obviously the company themselves - FLASHPARK.

The new Act states the keeper is 'invited' to provide driver details.

I doubt court claims will increase. In reality the keeper isn't the driver in the minority of cases. All it means is that if a PPC attempts court, the risk of them being ambushed having have sued the wrong person is removed.

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Thu, 4 Oct 2012 - 09:25
Post #182

Member No.: 4,813

QUOTE (Thea @ Mon, 1 Oct 2012 - 21:56) *
QUOTE (DBC @ Sun, 30 Sep 2012 - 18:00) *
Ans we have our old freind Trevor Whitehouse chiming in:-

Trevor Whitehouse of National Clamps, whose clients include Oxford University, said: ‘We charge £80 to unclamp a vehicle, which is a lot less than some operators. But from next week we’ll be putting our penalty tickets up to £100 "

Nice of him to acknowledge on the record that it's a penalty.

Now there's a lovey example of a well thought out payment for a quantifiable financial loss to the landowner ????

--------------------
The Asda shopping trolley parking ticket enthusiast

+Quote Post
Messiburna
post Sat, 9 Jan 2021 - 14:24
Post #183

Member No.: 111,177

This is a good thing that I will always support but nonetheless drivers also need to act responsibly and park only where authorised, with managers of private car parks able to control parking through infrastructure, ticketing, signage and enforcement through local parking agreements with local governments. Towing of unauthorised vehicles will be used as a last resort.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 11 Jan 2021 - 10:11
Post #184

Member No.: 317

Yeah, you completely misunderstand what this is about in your 9 year resurrection.

Private car parks cannot be enforced through local government control, towing isn't permitted as that's classed the same as immobilisation under POFA.

I'm guessing you're a septic.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Ocelot
post Sun, 21 Feb 2021 - 17:41
Post #185

Member No.: 1,326

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 11 Jan 2021 - 10:11) *
Yeah, you completely misunderstand what this is about in your 9 year resurrection.

Private car parks cannot be enforced through local government control, towing isn't permitted as that's classed the same as immobilisation under POFA.

Septic or sceptic? smile.gif

+Quote Post
mickR
post Sun, 21 Feb 2021 - 17:59
Post #186

Member No.: 9,919

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Sun, 21 Feb 2021 - 17:41) *
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 11 Jan 2021 - 10:11) *

Septic or sceptic? smile.gif

Thats a tough one rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 15:48
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here