Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Green lanes PCN back wheels in box junction
cuttingman
post Tue, 9 Jan 2018 - 20:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,329

Hi all, do you think I can appeal this?

I saw the cars in front had space to move, but they all stopped with big gaps and I ended up with my back wheels on the box junction. I should of gone bumper to bumper and I would of been ok. I didn't block anyone and cars coming out of the left road had more than ample room to turn right (if a car had been turning then the camera wouldn't have even been able to see my wheels on the box junction).

Video shows me stopped for 20 seconds. Shows me entering, but not leaving the box.

Thanks for reading. Images of PCN and car.

https://ibb.co/gVc8Wm
https://ibb.co/fMZSP6
https://ibb.co/ehFTWm

Video: https://streamable.com/jqg8d

This post has been edited by cuttingman: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 - 20:43
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 25)
Advertisement
post Tue, 9 Jan 2018 - 20:04
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 11:45
Post #21

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (cuttingman @ Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 09:21) *
Thanks PASTMYBEST, below is what I said in my appeal, not sure how to explain your point about will/may for the tribunal.

1. I understand that discretion can be applied where a driver has a reasonable judgement that there was space for all cars to clear the box in normal traffic flow. When approaching the box junction I could see that there was sufficient space for the 3 cars in front and myself to exit. But then these cars stopped early with very big gaps between themselves as can be seen in the photo. Therefore I was forced to stop where I did.
2. I judged that I had exited the box junction as I could see I was not causing any obstruction to the side road (Spencer Avenue).
3. It is also evident that if a vehicle was not able to exit Spencer Avenue I had further space to move forward and that I could have sounded my horn for the cars in front to move further forward too.
4. I am also not satisfied this box junction meets the regulations because it is clearly longer than the width of the side road by over a metre on both north and south ends. And that the north west corner is obscured by being painted over by the bus lane markings.
5. The infringement is so minimal as my vehicle is covering less than 15% of the road markings, the fact the markings are longer than necessary and that I still had space to move forward would make this a case of de minimis (the law does not concern itself with trifles).
In conclusion I did not do the alleged contravention and that if you wish to proceed this further you are legally required to satisfactorily reply to my representations.

I'm confused. this appears to be written with the council as the recipient but it would be to the tribunal. please confirm which.

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
cuttingman
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 12:55
Post #22

That was my reps to the council, need to know how to change them for the tribunal, thanks.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 14:11
Post #23

QUOTE (cuttingman @ Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 12:55) *
That was my reps to the council, need to know how to change them for the tribunal, thanks.

Ok bump Monday if nothing over the weekend, i will put some ideas together

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
cuttingman
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 09:31
Post #24

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 14:11) *
QUOTE (cuttingman @ Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 12:55) *

Ok bump Monday if nothing over the weekend, i will put some ideas together

Bumping...

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 21:31
Post #25

Ok with you.

i need to write a bit of a story, and then include the technical bit. Also there are a couple of errors on the Notice of rejection that could easily see this cancelled on their own.

I will draft something in the morning

--------------------

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Fri, 2 Mar 2018 - 10:14
Post #26

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 21:31) *
Ok with you.

i need to write a bit of a story, and then include the technical bit. Also there are a couple of errors on the Notice of rejection that could easily see this cancelled on their own.

I will draft something in the morning

bumping

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 19:05
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here