Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Speeding or Traffic light Ticket delivered to wrong address
Moish
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 14:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 87,009

Hi,

The postman delivered my post to my neighbors house, and 1 letter (still unopened) is a letter from PO Box 510, DA15 0BQ, which is for speeding and traffic light offences.

Can I ask my neighbor to return to sender, as delivered to wrong address? What will happen, as 14 days have lapsed, till they will resend.

Please advise.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 14:52
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 14:56
Post #2

Member No.: 317

If 14 days had already lapsed (?) when he gave it to you, you'd have a case, otherwise you may as well just open it.

If the neighbour marks it and puts it back in the post the PO will just deliver it again.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
BaggieBoy
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 17:12
Post #3

Member No.: 5,183

Is the address on the V5C document for the vehicle correct?

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 13 Oct 2018 - 17:33
Post #4

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (Moish @ Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 15:52) *
Hi,

The postman delivered my post to my neighbors house, and 1 letter (still unopened) is a letter from PO Box 510, DA15 0BQ, which is for speeding and traffic light offences.

Can I ask my neighbor to return to sender, as delivered to wrong address? What will happen, as 14 days have lapsed, till they will resend.

Please advise.

Thanks

The police will send at least 2 or 3 reminders and unless you think you can convince a court that all the letters were lost in the post, you risk a conviction for failing to name the driver (if the letter is indeed in relation to an alleged traffic offence). There is literally nothing to gain in taking the course of action you suggest.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 13 Oct 2018 - 18:14
Post #5

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sat, 13 Oct 2018 - 18:33) *
The police will send at least 2 or 3 reminders

That’s not true, we’ve had cases whe no reminders were sent (from the prosecution evidence) and many were only one was sent.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 13:57
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

Presumably you are looking for a 'NIP not served on the driver or RK within 14 days' defence? The problem with that is that there is an exemption to the 14 day rule where "the accused by his own conduct contributed to the failure" - so asking your neighbour to return it rather than simply handing it to you would almost certainly satisfy that.

If you can afford £10k a day for the services of Nick Freeman, he might be able to argue that a notice delivered by the Royal Mail to the wrong address and subsequently delivered by the occupant to the correct address is not good service, but I doubt it.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:16
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here