PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

{self written NIP wizard} got caught in the missus’ car! :(
Chivvy
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 12:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,880

Sorry about having to write this up, but the wizard wasn’t working for me.

Constabulary: WEST MIDLANDS POLICE
Date of offence : 18/02/19
Date of NIP : 20/02/19
Date received NIP : 23/02/19
Unknown delivery method.
Road in question : A542 collector road (E) Birmingham
NIP was delivered to the registered keeper (my partner-engaged)
I was driving her car...
I have 10 points from totting up in the last year, including a speed awareness course.
Her license is completely Clean.

I was on the way back to the toy shop with my little boy in the back. Only us 2 in the car. A Mobile speed camera caught me less than a mile from our house. 64mph in a 50mph. I’ve got 10 points from totting up, and really could do without a ban. I have a friend that says he will take the points for £500, I’m not classed as living with my partner yet so there’s no “links” to me living there so to speak. Also, she’s a childminder and has a register of kids she has every day. On that day she had 4 children so it would be impossible for her to leave the house and drive. Also, our CCTV is an hour behind. So I could also time stamp the car on the drive at the alleged offence. Is there any way we could say the plate was cloned being less than a mile from home? I know it’s severely perverting the course of justice, but she REALLY does not want to take the points! Plus it might be obvious on the pictures that a man is driving?

What would be the best port of call in your opinion? She has not replied asking for photos etc. As of yet.

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Advertisement
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 12:38
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 12:46
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Chivvy @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 12:38) *
I know it’s severely perverting the course of justice

Enough said.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
NewJudge
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 12:49
Post #3

Member No.: 23,623

What would be the best port of call in your opinion?

The best port of call would be for your partner to respond by naming you as the driver. You will then get your own NIP. After that it's up to you and your mate, but at least it will not involve her committing a serious criminal offence.

Nobody on here will assist you to pervert the course of justice which inevitably involves a jail sentence or two if discovered. You may, however, get help in preparing an "exceptional hardship" case that you can present to try to avoid a ban. I think given the choice of six months off the road or six months inside most people would opt for the first.

+Quote Post
Chivvy
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 12:58
Post #4

QUOTE (NewJudge @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 12:49) *
What would be the best port of call in your opinion?

The best port of call would be for your partner to respond by naming you as the driver. You will then get your own NIP. After that it's up to you and your mate, but at least it will not involve her committing a serious criminal offence.

Nobody on here will assist you to pervert the course of justice which inevitably involves a jail sentence or two if discovered. You may, however, get help in preparing an "exceptional hardship" case that you can present to try to avoid a ban. I think given the choice of six months off the road or six months inside most people would opt for the first.

Thanks for the reply. So they’d send me an NIP identical to the one that’s already been sent but with my name and address? Where I could also nominate another driver (if the pictures were found out not to be me)

+Quote Post
baggins1234
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:02
Post #5

Member No.: 39,849

I was on the way back to the toy shop with my little boy in the back. Only us 2 in the car. A Mobile speed camera caught me less than a mile from our house. 64mph in a 50mph.

QUOTE (Chivvy @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 12:58) *
Where I could also nominate another driver (if the pictures were found out not to be me)

This will end badly.......

+Quote Post
Lincolnshire Poa...
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:08
Post #6

Member No.: 88,059

QUOTE (baggins1234 @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:02) *
I was on the way back to the toy shop with my little boy in the back. Only us 2 in the car. A Mobile speed camera caught me less than a mile from our house. 64mph in a 50mph.

Where I could also nominate another driver (if the pictures were found out not to be me)

very badly if West Mids Police monitor this site, they have the date, the location and the resources.

+Quote Post
HansGruber
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:22
Post #7

Member No.: 102,381

QUOTE (Lincolnshire Poacher @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:08) *
QUOTE (baggins1234 @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:02) *

very badly if West Mids Police monitor this site, they have the date, the location and the resources.

I have to agree. You have publicly revealed the entire event and your plan to avoid punishment and not only that you have pretty much narrowed it down to you by filling out the details of the nip.

Didn't you see that MP that got jailed for doing the same thing? She got caught without posting incriminating details online so I'd say you have no chance of getting away with it. Learn from her mistake and don't do it. It is not worth it.

+Quote Post
Chivvy
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:23
Post #8

So... I’ll do everything by the book.... but I’ll ask again, if the missus says she believes it’s me who’s driving on the NIP, will I get an identical NIP in my name? Where if I ask for pictures, and it turns out it was actually her brother driving, i could nominate him?

+Quote Post
NewJudge
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:40
Post #9

Member No.: 23,623

QUOTE (Chivvy @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:23) *
So... I’ll do everything by the book.... but I’ll ask again, if the missus says she believes it’s me who’s driving on the NIP, will I get an identical NIP in my name? Where if I ask for pictures, and it turns out it was actually her brother driving, i could nominate him?

Yes, you will get your own NIP and request for driver's details. You will have 28 days to respond and failure to do so will see you convicted of a more serious offence which carries six points.

How will it turn out to be her brother driving? In your opening post you made no mention of him. Everything you said indicated that you were driving. You recalled the journey and said the only other person in the car was your boy. Your other suggestions (arguing that the car was on your drive by producing doctored CCTV) and suggesting your plate was cloned will not fly and will end in tears. You need to face up to the fact that you face a "totting up" ban and make preparations to argue against it or cope with it. What will be the consequences for you and/or others if you cannot drive for six months?

+Quote Post
Lincolnshire Poa...
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:40
Post #10

Member No.: 88,059

whoever your wife nominates they will receive a NIP in their name, this will have information on how they can nominate another person who they 'believe' was driving at the time of the alleged offence.

+Quote Post
Chivvy
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:51
Post #11

QUOTE (NewJudge @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:40) *

Yes, you will get your own NIP and request for driver's details. You will have 28 days to respond and failure to do so will see you convicted of a more serious offence which carries six points.

How will it turn out to be her brother driving? In your opening post you made no mention of him. Everything you said indicated that you were driving. You recalled the journey and said the only other person in the car was your boy. Your other suggestions (arguing that the car was on your drive by producing doctored CCTV) and suggesting your plate was cloned will not fly and will end in tears. You need to face up to the fact that you face a "totting up" ban and make preparations to argue against it or cope with it. What will be the consequences for you and/or others if you cannot drive for six months?

I got back. I took my lad out the car. Her brother went out in it. We know it was about midday-ish. It’ll be either one of us, we need photos of the front of the car.

QUOTE (Lincolnshire Poacher @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 13:40) *

whoever your wife nominates they will receive a NIP in their name, this will have information on how they can nominate another person who they 'believe' was driving at the time of the alleged offence.

Perfect. Thankyou.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 14:01
Post #12

Member No.: 36,528

Are you actually nuts, or just as thick as pig sh*t? You are still looking for ways to pervert the course of justice when you know that people go to JAIL for EXACTLY what you are proposing. You have posted on a public forum about this, so there is every chance you will get caught.

The way to go is to work on an exceptional hardship argument, and buy a bike.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 14:01
Post #13

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Enough of this. I hope you come to your senses before you end up in prison.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 08:46
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here