PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Future steps notice and ms90
RossUK
post Thu, 20 Dec 2018 - 20:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,520

So now I have got one kinda nearly resolved I need to look at getting this sorted out.

So here is what went on and why am seeking your advise.

Basically back in on 2nd Feb I was in the process of moving from one address to another. Now within this time frame I had already done all the necessary steps to update my Logbook and also my drivers licence. As I did this 1 week before moving out. My new licence come though at my new address with all new details on dated 03/02/18 My log book took a little longer and has the date on it 12/02/18 both of witch where sent off more less the same time. I received licence about the 5feb few days after moving in. My logbook was not until about the 16th or 16th of Feb so all in good time I thought.

I had received a future steps notice letter on the 11th Dec last week enclosed.

Attached Image

So I was like what the heck is going on here and in shock and panic seeing £811 fine. I was like ok time to do some phoning in the morning. The first thing I did as it was out of hours when I got in was checked my licence online.

I had received the following 1x fine of £660 plus 6 points and an MS90 failure to provide information of who driver was or submit information to who driver of car is. on the future steps notice ~I see this has gone upto £811
I am guessing for court costs and administration and so on?

In the morning the first contact was DVLA to find out more information. They advised that this was applied on to my licences in March due to not providing information and hence MS90 6 points and fine. I said ok where has this come from. They advised to contract central ticket office.

So my next call was to them provided my info and they said yes please confirm your address. They said that is not the address we have I advised ok then is it possibly my old address gave them my details and said yes this is correct. They proceed to ask me did I update my licence and log book I advised yes gave dates of when everything was updated.

They said this can be a common problem when changing addresses and delays of processing takes place. I said can you provide me any info to help regarding times dates area when this happened or what its for.

They proceeded with the following on the 11th Feb you where doing 39 in a 30 zone at 6:10pm.

Now I have looked at the area of where this was and it was pitch black and bad weather on the day not that am not denying speeding as I will hold my hands up and admit am guilty of this offence.

I have driven for nearly 6 years and no points no fines no tickets no nothing ever. I am a careful cautious driver but on this instant I had no idea that I had broke the speed limmit as I was unaware of the actual speed for the road and section as I was coming up the hill rather than where this picture shows going down due to no sign posting and also speed camera impossible to see. As pictured below.

Attached Image

Could this be argued that it is impossible to see the camera is visible and their is no visible sings to say what speed this section or are is. And looking at the time this was a recent google image on google maps from 2018 and currently I have noticed as I have since passed it the are again last week. I have see that this has all been cut well back now and you can actually see clearly the cam is in sight however in my case its impossible to see. Could this be challenged?

So after speaking to central tickets office I proceed to speak to the people has sent the letter out and spoke to them advising to them this letter you have sent me is the first contact regarding the matter. I had advised I have since been on the phone this morning chasing round and seeing what has gone on and told them the situation.

They said ull need to phone the courts who sent and also contact local court to do a Stat det swearing under oath and confirm you have received nothing due to change of address as explained. I have since been given a time and date in Jan to do this and I have since spoke to the people who have sent the future steps notice and they have advised me everything will be placed on hold and no future action will be taken will be taken and placed on hold till after the hearing at court to do a stat declaration.

The questions I have are as follows.

1 If I have changed all my details followed all steps to update my documents and licence for changing address etc and the offence was committed on the 11th Feb and they where sending correspondence to old address yet my Logbook change of address was processed on the 12th Feb 1 day after the offence happened are they that quick at checking logbook information or will they have requested on from DVLA at the time of the offence committed what address was showing on the registered keepers info on that date?

2 Why would it take 9 months later just receive a future steps notice. I am presuming they re checked addresses again and found new address.

3 When doing the stat declaration how would I plead as I have seen mixed ms90s on here saying that one will also need to plead guilty or not guilty at the time after doing the stat det.

Do I plead not guilty to the MS90 and guilty to the orignal speeding fine or do I plead not guilty to both as I know the MS90 is failing to submit provide info from an s172 Notice of intended prosecution. Request for information to identify of driver of vehicle. Had I of received this letter to my current address then I would of filled this out and sent straight back.

4 with regards to the orignal speeding offence 39 in a 30 zone I also asked at the ticket office what the penalty of this would be? I was advised I would of been given a speed awareness course. But because it has gone to court action this can no longer be offered and would get 3 points £100 fine providing it reverts back. Could this be also channelled or not a leg to stand on and get any action to getting a speed awareness course?

5 My biggest problem is my insurance. I have yet to inform them of all this of what has gone on.

When I renewed my insurance none of this was on my licence nor was I aware of anything at the time and the offence happened after it in the process of me changing address and I was still unaware of all this when updating my information to my new address.

Do I contact my insurance with everything that is going on or do I leave it until I have proceed to going court in JAN as other cases on here people have reported to insurance and had their insurance policy cancelled or where told have 7 days to get it removed or it would be cancelled. What would best be advised here? Do I wait to go to court and see what happens and end result and then proceed to telling them of the whole situation or do I contact them now while everything is still going on?

I hope you people here can come to my rescue and help me. Thank you.

This post has been edited by RossUK: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 - 20:46
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 31)
Advertisement
post Thu, 20 Dec 2018 - 20:42
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
RossUK
post Wed, 27 Feb 2019 - 17:11
Post #21

Finally back from court after waoting nealry 4 hours sitting round.

Results from it come out 3 points £100 total costs including fine.

My question next is what does this go down as on licence? Does this go as sp30 or sp60.

Also do I need to now tell insurance this is due on licence and also will be valid from the orignal offense back in feb 2018 when i moved in or will points be valid from this year and todays date? And how long do they normaly stay on licence for. Thanks in advance...

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 27 Feb 2019 - 17:43
Post #22

Member No.: 317

SP30, SP60 is an unallocated code and not used.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Wed, 27 Feb 2019 - 18:52
Post #23

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (RossUK @ Wed, 27 Feb 2019 - 17:11) *
do I need to now tell insurance this is due on licence and also will be valid from the orignal offense back in feb 2018 when i moved in or will points be valid from this year and todays date? And how long do they normaly stay on licence for. Thanks in advance...

Check your policy T&Cs for when you have to advise insurance co. Some are immediately. Some are on renewal.

Points stay on DL for 4 years.

Date of offence is the date that matters.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Logician
post Wed, 27 Feb 2019 - 19:14
Post #24

Member No.: 36,528

QUOTE (peterguk @ Wed, 27 Feb 2019 - 18:52) *
Points stay on DL for 4 years.

And count for totting purposes for three years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RossUK
post Thu, 28 Feb 2019 - 21:31
Post #25

Yeah insurance said its fine currently. Only at renewal will effect policy but already done some checked today with the points on and theirs about £20 to 30 difference so kinda grateful its not a lot more.

But my insurance company's that where giving offers and some company's now wont accept guess cos of the points but still new company shown up that is more less the same as what was without the points and I get premiums go up base don area accidents too so wondering if points had any effect on it at all like.

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Thu, 28 Feb 2019 - 21:44
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (RossUK @ Thu, 28 Feb 2019 - 21:31) *
But my insurance company's that where giving offers and some company's now wont accept guess cos of the points but still new company shown up that is more less the same as what was without the points and I get premiums go up base don area accidents too so wondering if points had any effect on it at all like.

For sh*ts and giggles, I tried running that through google translate. Google broke.

--------------------
Andy

If you're going to try to contradict me, please at least try to get your facts straight.

+Quote Post
RossUK
post Thu, 28 Feb 2019 - 21:51
Post #27

QUOTE (andy_foster @ Thu, 28 Feb 2019 - 21:44) *
QUOTE (RossUK @ Thu, 28 Feb 2019 - 21:31) *

For sh*ts and giggles, I tried running that through google translate. Google broke.

lmfao Kinda half asleep here been up since 4am long day lol.

Will try to rephrase that lot lol..

I had gone done new quotes for insurance with the points on that I now have. Bunch of company's that use to show up in results as being able to offer insurance is coming up not available any longer.

However a bunch of new ones have shown in results being £20 to £30 more expensive with the points on.

So I am actually wondering if the points have effected my premium cost, as I know theirs been some serious accidents in area already this year already. So I am wondering if the points have actually put my premium up or it is due to area and accidents in area that is put it up.

This post has been edited by RossUK: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 - 21:53

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 2 Mar 2019 - 17:05
Post #28

Member No.: 42,618

So many people have a single SP30 nowadays that it often makes no difference to insurance premiums at all. There's even an argument to be made that if you have a single SP30, you'll be extra careful not to get caught again so you might be more cautions that someone who's got a clean licence.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
RossUK
post Tue, 5 Mar 2019 - 18:25
Post #29

So I have points and sp30 on licence now. My final question is that my policy was took out in aug 2018 with no points on licence at time of renewal. However with the sp30 it has the orignal date on from 11th feb where points where applied and only updated this week. Will my insurance cancel my policy because of this. Yet the ms90 didn't come until 9 months later and then 6 points where added but now has been changed to 3 points and orignal offense date. Hope somone can help on this before I make the call to my insurance. Should i explain the whole thing to them of whst went on? Or would that risk being cancled.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 5 Mar 2019 - 19:33
Post #30

Member No.: 42,618

Does your policy say you need to tell them if you get a conviction mid-term? Many policies only require notification at renewal time. Check the small-print before telling them anything.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
RossUK
post Fri, 8 Mar 2019 - 19:56
Post #31

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Tue, 5 Mar 2019 - 19:33) *
Does your policy say you need to tell them if you get a conviction mid-term? Many policies only require notification at renewal time. Check the small-print before telling them anything.

I had to call them did say any changes in the slightest from opening policy and during needs to be notified. Explained the whole situation submitted proof of what had gone on and premium gone up by £40

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Sun, 10 Mar 2019 - 12:38
Post #32

Member No.: 20,731

Did you determine what your policy documents said before calling them?

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 22nd May 2019 - 05:52
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.