Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN - Residents Parking - Inadequate/No Signage
wanderlustre
post Fri, 22 Mar 2019 - 08:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,050

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been discussed to death etc. I did have a search but I couldn't find advice on my particular query.

I am currently at the NtO stage of contesting a PCN received in Liverpool from Knowsley Council. I have appealed via email only to have it rejected. I received the PCN in late January.

I parked on a road called The Rooley. The road I turned off of (Blacklow Brow) to enter The Rooley had a small yellow sign saying it was restricted parking, hence why I turned off it. I then entered The Rooley, there were no signs as I entered nor where there any in sight on the road. I walked a couple of meters up and down the road to check even.

When I returned I had a PCN. I took lots of photos of my car in situ, clearly showing absolutely no signs in sight. They rejected the appeal by sending similar photo of my car featuring no signs and a close up of a sign with no information as to where this sign was.

I once again challenged this decision. I asked where the sign was and how I was reasonably supposed to have seen it. They replied that they had nothing further to add.

I spoke to someone over the phone about it and was told there is signage if you enter the road from the other end. This road entry is over 350 meters from where I parked and completely out of sight from where I was. There is a small sign on the road that I turned off of (Blacklow Brow) but in no way is it positioned or contains details to suggest that it applies to any road other than the one it is placed on.

In short, there are zero repeater signs along the road I was on and I did not enter the road via the entrance which has the signs. Surely this is inadequate signage?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm not sure I have the original PCN anymore but I do have copies of their correspondence to me since.

This post has been edited by wanderlustre: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 - 08:54
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 55)
Advertisement
post Fri, 22 Mar 2019 - 08:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Fri, 3 May 2019 - 15:45
Post #41

Member No.: 74,048

It costs no more to appeal to the adjudicator and you will have a far better chance of winning as once again they fail to consider your points bump on Tuesday and I will draft an appeal for you

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
wanderlustre
post Mon, 6 May 2019 - 13:14
Post #42

Thank you! That would be really appreciated.

This post has been edited by wanderlustre: Mon, 6 May 2019 - 13:15

+Quote Post
wanderlustre
post Wed, 8 May 2019 - 17:54
Post #43

Bump!

Thanks for all the help

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Wed, 8 May 2019 - 18:07
Post #44

QUOTE (wanderlustre @ Wed, 8 May 2019 - 18:54) *
Bump!

Thanks for all the help

thanks I am on it check back tomorrow

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
wanderlustre
post Mon, 13 May 2019 - 16:24
Post #45

Any updates?

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 13 May 2019 - 16:33
Post #46

QUOTE (wanderlustre @ Mon, 13 May 2019 - 17:24) *
Any updates?

Family have tied me up a bit. don't worry you have until the 29th of May to submit your appeal, I have done all the research I wanted to do so just need an hour or so to type it up. Deffo this week

--------------------

+Quote Post
wanderlustre
post Sat, 25 May 2019 - 05:46
Post #47

Not to rush you because I really appreciate your help but I'm a little bit anxious that there's only a few days left to appeal and I don't want to let it slip my mind

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 25 May 2019 - 13:39
Post #48

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (wanderlustre @ Sat, 25 May 2019 - 06:46) *
Not to rush you because I really appreciate your help but I'm a little bit anxious that there's only a few days left to appeal and I don't want to let it slip my mind

The deadline to register the appeal is Monday and I've never known PASTMYBEST not to deliver. But if it comes to it, simply register the appeal on the tribunal website Monday night and write "detailed grounds to follow" in the reasons box, the tribunal will then send you a deadline to provide your full appeal wording. It's a simple trick we use to buy an extra 2 - 3 weeks, it's pretty standard and we do it all the time, so nothing to worry about.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
wanderlustre
post Mon, 27 May 2019 - 16:01
Post #49

Thank you!

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 27 May 2019 - 16:24
Post #50

QUOTE (wanderlustre @ Mon, 27 May 2019 - 17:01) *
Thank you!

As per my PM to you I have had a few problems, these ended up with me being hospitalised. But I have never let someone down and will not this time check back later tonight, I have the bulk prepared so not a lot left to do

sorry if you have been concerned

--------------------

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 27 May 2019 - 21:52
Post #51

I am really sorry that this has taken so long. Life really gets in the way sometimes.

Anyway submit the 3 files

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtBHPhdJdppVsxrZ9uuzTyD-mcSd

--------------------

+Quote Post
wanderlustre
post Tue, 28 May 2019 - 10:17
Post #52

Thank you so much for all your help. I really do appreciate it, especially given everything else you have been dealing with!

I submitted my appeal as per the other users advice above stating that I would send more detailed info afterwards. I received this response this morning:

Your appeal has been registered and the authority has confirmed the details.

What happens next?
They will now decide whether to contest your appeal.

How long will this take?
We have asked them to do this within 14 days.

What happens if the authority decides not to contest the appeal?
If the authority decides not to contest your appeal you will be notified that you have won the appeal and have nothing to pay.

What happens if the authority decides to contest the appeal?
If the authority contests your appeal they will then upload any evidence into your case file. We will send you an email if this happens and you will be able to log on, view their evidence and comment on it. You will also be able to ask for a telephone hearing if you wish.

How can I keep track of what is happening with my case?
You can log onto your account at any time to review progress in your online case file:

https://foam.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/...es/#/show/61559

If the text above does not appear as a link, please copy and paste it into your web browser to view.

If you have any questions you can also contact us on the Freephone number below.

Kind regards,

Traffic Penalty Tribunal

Does this seem right? Will I get a chance to provide further info after this?

This post has been edited by wanderlustre: Tue, 28 May 2019 - 10:18

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 28 May 2019 - 13:59
Post #53

yes its right, you can log in at any time and download your submissions in the evidence portal, but you might as well wait for the council to submit theirs we might want to add to yours when we see what they have to say

--------------------

+Quote Post
wanderlustre
post Wed, 12 Jun 2019 - 13:27
Post #54

Council have uploaded their evidence now. Here is a link to view everything they supplied: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At8Qu_zYz0Mdgx4FS-A...qyEXgj?e=TKrtmq

If you have anything more to add, please let me know soon. The email says I now have 7 days to upload my own evidence. All your advice so far has been a huge help!!

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Thu, 13 Jun 2019 - 07:15
Post #55

QUOTE (wanderlustre @ Wed, 12 Jun 2019 - 14:27) *
Council have uploaded their evidence now. Here is a link to view everything they supplied: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At8Qu_zYz0Mdgx4FS-A...qyEXgj?e=TKrtmq

If you have anything more to add, please let me know soon. The email says I now have 7 days to upload my own evidence. All your advice so far has been a huge help!!

is there an evidence summary? if not load your submission ansevidence

--------------------

+Quote Post
wanderlustre
post Thu, 13 Jun 2019 - 15:14
Post #56

No, there doesn't appear to be a summary. Just a log of what has happened so far. Thank you!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 18th June 2019 - 22:01
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.