Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Excel Parking/VCS/BW Legal coming up to 6 years
the_ism
post Mon, 8 Oct 2018 - 17:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,181

Hi all,

I've been searching around your website and Money Supermarket, and feel a bit silly as I can't seem to find a definitive answer, and in all honesty feel a bit out of my depth with this, so hoping for some advice.

I've received a Final Notice letter from BW Legal, with VCS as their client, dating to a PCN from December 2012 for a car I no longer own.

Now the car was in the car park at the time, and when I initially received a letter I said I would not pay the PCN as the amount seemed unreasonable and that they could only claim for the earnings lost on account of me parking there without a ticket (even though the car park was nearly empty!), which from my research at the time was the best response.

I did also receive a letter prior to this one which was "the First Letter" as they call it, which I ignored. Shortly after this, the phone calls from BW Legal started, which I have also ignored.

I know it's approaching the 6-year mark which is why they are hounding me. As the contravention was late in 2012, I think they can hold it against the Registered Keeper, but please correct me if I'm wrong? I've also noticed that at the time the car park was managed by Excel Parking and not VCS.

I'm not really sure what my response, if any, should be at this point? Can I go for the "I entered into an agreement with Excel Parking and as such VCS has no grounds to seek a claim"?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I have attempted to search for VCS Excel and BW legal. I just fear I'm missing something.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Many Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 20)
Advertisement
post Mon, 8 Oct 2018 - 17:04
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
henrik777
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 20:49
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,123

QUOTE (ostell @ Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 21:30) *
There was one where they lost because of this

If VCS went bust would Excel pay their debts ? Of course not. They're different companies (related means little).

They should always lose on this. If not they'll lose on appeal.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 20th October 2018 - 22:35
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.