Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Received parking charge notice and debt collector letters while out of town
Doodler97
post Wed, 20 Oct 2021 - 10:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 114,461

Hello all,

I received a parking charge notice through the post from RegentParking/SolutionLabs on June 18th this year, for £60/£100, and subsequent debt collection letters from CSB solicitors (£170) & DCBL (£160). I have been out of the country/out of town for a few months. These letters were also sent to my old address. The period of 'parking' was 11 minutes, however this was me circling the car park attempting to find a space, I did not actually park & left the car park after circling for a few minutes. I understand I may have missed my chance to appeal, since the PCN states appeals must be made within 21 days, but i'm not sure if I can appeal now since I have only just seen the letters.

Just wondering what my next steps should be, whether I'm out of luck and need to pay the £160, if there is any way I can get this reduced, or if I am still able to appeal and how I should go about this.

Thanks

Edit: Imgur link to images of letters https://imgur.com/a/W00O70e

This post has been edited by Doodler97: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 - 10:15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Wed, 20 Oct 2021 - 10:02
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 20 Oct 2021 - 13:57
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

You write to them and tell them that the driver spent that time circling the car par looking for a space and eventually left without finding a space. No parking took place. There was no contract created as they were una le to supply what they were offering. With no contract there can be no breach.

There is a case where a judge commented that driving around is not parking and then dismissed the claim.

https://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2014...ot-parking.html

+Quote Post
Doodler97
post Wed, 20 Oct 2021 - 16:02
Post #3

Member No.: 114,461

Thanks.

I need to write to the parking company, and not to the debt collectors I'm assuming? And the fact I did not have a residents permit does not matter, as I was not parked?

This post has been edited by Doodler97: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 - 16:03

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 20 Oct 2021 - 17:00
Post #4

Member No.: 60,457

If the signs said Permit holders only then again there could be no contract as no offer was made of parking to non permit holders. A forbidding sign, no contract.

You're not appealing, you're telling them that you are not liable as the driver did not park and did not create a contract. Tell them that you have been abroad and therefore cannot have seen the NTK within a reasonable period

DCB Ltd are mere debt collectors and can be ignored. I believe CSB are also acting as debt collectors as that is not a conforming Letter Before Claim

Letters to Regents Parking and the solicitor. Include in your letter " My current address for service is [new address ], please remove my previous address from your records". Just in case they try a court case.

Also include reference to that court case.

First class post with free certificate of posting from a post office

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 9th December 2021 - 07:57
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.