Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Brent Cross Shopping Centre Parking Ticket - UKPC
flamer
post Sat, 16 Oct 2021 - 13:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,641

Hi,

I seem to have parked in a disabled bay by mistake. I apologise for doing so. Had no intention to take the spot. However,
1. When parking the car, I checked around the bay and there was nothing that suggested it being a disabled bay.
2. All bays next to it were with the same coloured lines
3. There was no writing in the front or side of the bay to say it was a disabled bay.
4. There was nothing behind the bay to suggest it being disabled.

After the ticket, the only thing I noticed to suggest that the bay was disabled is the marking in the bay which gets covered the moment you park the car. I must have genuinely not noticed this when reversing into it.

The photographic evidence provided by UKPC don't evidently show that the bay is disabled either. There is a slight marking visible under the car from far away. Based on this, I have already appealed to UKPC and they've come back saying:

Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above Parking Charge.
We have investigated your appeal based on the information you have submitted and confirm that this
parking charge was correctly issued because there are sufficient signs at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
advising drivers that disabled parking bays are reserved for Blue Badge holders only and that a valid
disabled badge must be clearly displayed at all times. We have a duty to ensure these bays are protected
for disabled people under the Equality Act 2010.
A designated disabled bay floor symbol is visible underneath your vehicle in the PCN photos. Photographic
evidence pertaining to this parking charge may be viewed online at www.ukpcappeals.co.uk.
Our Appeals process is now concluded, you may now pick one of the following options:
1) Pay the parking charge detailed above at the reduced rate of £60 to UK Parking Control Ltd. PLEASE
REFER OVERLEAF FOR PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ADDRESS DETAILS.
2) Make an appeal to the independent adjudicator POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals) using the
verification code provided above. Please note that if you wish to appeal to POPLA, you will lose the right to
pay the discounted rate of £60, and should POPLA reject your appeal you will be required to pay the full
amount of £100. If you opt to pay the parking charge you will be unable to appeal with POPLA. Appeals to
POPLA must be made within twenty-eight days from the date of this letter. To appeal with POPLA, please
visit www.popla.co.uk. If you are unable to access the internet, you may appeal by post – this must be done
using a POPLA postal form which may be obtained by contacting POPLA by phone (0330 159 6126) or
post (PO Box 1270, Warrington, WA4 9RL).
By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services (www.ombudsman-services.org/)
provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal.
However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should
you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.
3) If you choose to do nothing the parking charge will automatically increase after thirty-five days from the
date of this letter to £100 and the matter will be passed to our debt recovery agent, at which point you will
be liable to pay an additional charge of £70, in accordance with the terms and conditions of parking, and
further charges will be claimed if court action is taken against you. Any unpaid court judgement may
adversely affect your credit rating.

In their response, the link provided by them to view evidence is incorrect. When I fill in the details on ukpcappeals.co.uk, I get told that a final decision has been made and I can not appeal it (something along those lines)

Worth pursuing this further to POPLA?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Sat, 16 Oct 2021 - 13:04
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Glacier2
post Sat, 16 Oct 2021 - 17:57
Post #2

Member No.: 1,131

You will most certainly lose at POPLA.

I think you will struggle to convince the court that you didn't see the markings.

I would pay this at the cheap rate whilst you still can.

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Sun, 17 Oct 2021 - 07:59
Post #3

Member No.: 80,686

As above, the bay markings are fresh and clear and the hashed area to the side was a massive clue too. Thankfully there wasn't a person standing in the bay at the time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 28th November 2021 - 08:51
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.