PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Unissued PCN in Erith, Hurst Road, Drove away before it was put on car
EmJ86
post Wed, 22 Feb 2012 - 22:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,311

Hope I'm posting this in the right place!

Earlier this evening just after 7pm, I picked up my husband from the tattoo parlor in Erith. As there was no where to park in the bays on Bexley Road I parked down one of the side roads (Hurst Road, just off Ave Road), parked at the end of the road and couldn't see anything to say I couldn't park there.

I was no more than 10 minutes picking up and when we arrived back at the car there was someone with a bike helmet and fluorescent jacket on standing near the car, it looked at though they were issuing me a PCN but I didn't hang around to find out. I shouted over that I was going and ran to the car before he could do anything else and drove off. He said something to me but he still had his helmet on so it was muffled, he didn't try and stop us from leaving either...

I'm just a bit baffled as to who the guy was as it wasn't evident he was a Traffic Warden or a Police Officer, also because I drove away he didn't have chance to put the PCN on my car so if he was either of the above how long should it take for the PCN to arrive in the post?

I have tried looking on previous posts to answer this for me but I can't find anything...

Any hep would be appreciated.

Thanks,
EmJ
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Wed, 22 Feb 2012 - 22:30
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
makara
post Wed, 22 Feb 2012 - 22:47
Post #2

Member No.: 38,904

Maybe he was a motorbike courier who was making a delivery, and punching the delivery details into his machine?

+Quote Post
marvin28
post Wed, 22 Feb 2012 - 23:30
Post #3

Member No.: 43,133

Parking attendants (CEOs) have certain uniform requirements. E.g. must state the enforcement authority, must state that they are engaged in parking enforcement.

+Quote Post
EmJ86
post Thu, 23 Feb 2012 - 00:17
Post #4

QUOTE (makara @ Wed, 22 Feb 2012 - 22:47) *
Maybe he was a motorbike courier who was making a delivery, and punching the delivery details into his machine?

Haha he could've been but he was taking photos of my dashboard as well, which is something else I didn't understand as there was nothing nearby to say it was permit holders only. Can't think of any other reason why he would be photographing my dash...

QUOTE (marvin28 @ Wed, 22 Feb 2012 - 23:30) *
Parking attendants (CEOs) have certain uniform requirements. E.g. must state the enforcement authority, must state that they are engaged in parking enforcement.

Well.I certainly didn't see anything stating he was a CEO so he could've been someone from the council then? Does anyone know how long I should wait to receive a PCN in the post if I have been issued one?

Thanks for the responses so far.

+Quote Post
marvin28
post Thu, 23 Feb 2012 - 00:30
Post #5

Member No.: 43,133

28 days I think.

+Quote Post
EmJ86
post Thu, 23 Feb 2012 - 20:58
Post #6

Ok thanks, I checked the area where I parked again today and I still can't see what I would have been ticketed for so I guess I have to wait and see now. Thanks for the help, least I know when to expect the PCB in the post (if I ever got one!)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 01:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here