Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

any chance of an appeal?
d7nap
post Tue, 25 Oct 2005 - 14:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,053

sad.gif   Hi,

I was recently issued with an FPN, I have already been to the local police station to hand over my license, while there i expressed concern with the way in which i was caught.  The offer was in plain black biker gear, he had a florescent strap over his left shoulder and around his waist.  He was not in any kind of uniform that would have identified him as a police officer, he was also not wearing a helmet or hat at the time.  It was not until i had been directed off the main road that i saw a police bike.  The officer did not have a badge displayed nor did he show me one.  I was told that I had been caught doing 47 in a 30 zone.  The road that i was caught on is very local to me, and trafffic regularly flows at about 40mph along it.  
There are no road signs to indicate any speed limit on that stretch of road,  however, there is a speed camera further along the road which goes off at speeds over 40, which lead me to believe  that the speed limit was 40 on that road, which i told the officer.

I was also driving a hire car which i had got into about 5 minuites earlier so was just getting used to the car at the time i was pulled over.  

Do you think i have grounds for an appeal? sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Tue, 25 Oct 2005 - 14:31
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
OU812
post Tue, 25 Oct 2005 - 15:37
Post #2

Member No.: 1,120

The only thing that might help you is that I think that only an officer in uniform can offer you a fixed penalty at the roadside

However this depends on if this is still true (was taken from Blackstones Road Traffic 2004), if you were offered a fixed penalty and if the officer was in fact in uniform (kinda difficult to be in uniform and be in biker leathers)

+Quote Post
d7nap
post Tue, 25 Oct 2005 - 20:40
Post #3

Member No.: 4,053

Thanks for your resonse. biggrin.gif

Do you have any information as to where I can find out further details about this article, also is there a "suggested" way that I should go about filing my appeal, with this being my first offence I am a bit confused.  Would I need to the article as proof of some sort or is it a case of letting the police deal with the appeal?

Thanks!

D7NAP

+Quote Post
jeffreyarcher
post Tue, 25 Oct 2005 - 23:32
Post #4

Member No.: 134

Why are you talking about an appeal? If it is a FPN (as opposed to a COFP), and you wish to contest the charge, you have to request a court hearing, usually within seven days.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 05:19
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here