Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New driver no insurance
Lmc1988
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 12:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93,991

Hi all

Have been to mags today for a driving with no insurance charge that came about in may when I was stopped driving my partners car. I thought I was insured through my own fully comp policy but wasn't. Anyway received single justice procedure notice and pled guilty wanting to attend court got my self a solicitor and turned up at court today. Solicitor asked for short term ban rather than points which would lead to revocation o my licence under new driver provision. Mags sentenced me to 6 points without revocation and 14 days disqualification plus £235 fine and costs. What I don't understand is how DVLA won't revoke my licence? Everywhere I have read states soon as DVLA see 6 points licence automatically revoked!
Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 32)
Advertisement
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 12:10
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Logician
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 16:11
Post #21

Member No.: 36,528

Well the court simply cannot give you points and a disqualification for the same offence. The only time something similar could happen is if you were given points which brought your total number to 12 or more, when the totting provisions would come in and disqualification would be considered.

--------------------

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 18:00
Post #22

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (Lmc1988 @ Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 14:50) *
QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 14:48) *
Ok, seems you've been 'lucky'.

Have been very lucky don't know if it was a clean record/licence but it's done now! Thanks

Don't forget to inform your insurance company of the conviction. Your policy terms will tell you whether you have to tell them now, or on renewal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 18:08
Post #23

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (StuartBu @ Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 14:44) *
Is it beyond the wit of man ,as in Courts ,to have the sentence typed out and printed and handed to the accused while he/she is in the dock ....

If you ask nicely they'll print anything, within reason. On one occasion when I was in court the clerk had lost the preparation for summary trial form, so while the court was still sitting I emailed the form to her from my laptop and she printed out a couple of copies there and then, so the judge could go through it without the need to adjourn. After all, the procedure rules nowadays say the courts must "make use of technology"

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Lmc1988
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 18:11
Post #24

QUOTE (peterguk @ Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 19:00) *
QUOTE (Lmc1988 @ Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 14:50) *
QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 14:48) *
Ok, seems you've been 'lucky'.

Have been very lucky don't know if it was a clean record/licence but it's done now! Thanks

Don't forget to inform your insurance company of the conviction. Your policy terms will tell you whether you have to tell them now, or on renewal.

Will do that asap have just renewed so will ring them tomorrow thanks

+Quote Post
samthecat
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 18:33
Post #25

Member No.: 83,881

Just check your policy documents, you may not need to until you renew next year.

--------------------
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 18:41
Post #26

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (samthecat @ Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 19:33) *
Just check your policy documents, you may not need to until you renew next year.

...but if just renewed then I wonder if they asked about pending prosecutions?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
samthecat
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 18:48
Post #27

Member No.: 83,881

QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 19:41) *
QUOTE (samthecat @ Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 19:33) *

...but if just renewed then I wonder if they asked about pending prosecutions?

Good point

--------------------
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

+Quote Post
Lmc1988
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 19:35
Post #28

It was automatic renewal 2 days ago was no question of pending prosecution will inform them first thing tomorrow can't see anything in terms about informing of convictions so will just ring and tell them first thing make sure it's all on my policy

This post has been edited by Lmc1988: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 19:39

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 19:40
Post #29

QUOTE (Lmc1988 @ Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 20:35) *
It was automatic renewal 2 days ago was no question of pending prosecution will inform them first thing tomorrow

You should. Any 'automatic' renewal will include a disclaimer to cover any changes in circumstances since the previous renewal. They may well immediately void your current cover.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Lmc1988
post Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 20:15
Post #30

I've just checked it says any fixed penalty notices speeding or driver awareness courses nothing about pending prosecution I thought I had to inform of any points disqualifications which I couldn't do until today when I knew will definitely ring tomorrow and get it all sorted out

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 08:09
Post #31

Member No.: 317

As your list doesn't mention convictions, I'd be suspicious that you haven't read it all......

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Lmc1988
post Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 08:27
Post #32

I have read it all and spoken to insurance this morning they have said they can't add a conviction to my policy without seeing my driver record with the endorsements on. That won't update for a few days so can't add my conviction to my policy until DVLA update my record.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 08:49
Post #33

Ok, it's unusual but if they don't ask...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 17:56
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here