Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Amber/Red Light. Advice Please.
Robert65
post Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 10:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,840

Hi. Last Thursday I was at this junction on Great Cambridge Road and was turning right (where the silver corsa is) onto Chruch Street and the light went onto Amber before I got all the way around and I am sure I saw a flash. I never saw the lights on red, that's why I'm not sure I set it off and also I cannot see any strips on the road that I have read about.

I wondered if someone could take a look at the google map (at the 4th lane. the right hand turn lane) and let me know if this is covered by the camera?
I am so upset over this..my timing was just totally wrong. I never ever go through a red.

Thank you in advance.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6297103,-...3312!8i6656
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 10:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 10:55
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

It doesn't appear that lane is monitored. (I've checked old Streetview images - as the sensors can be hidden by resurfacing)

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Robert65
post Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 11:01
Post #3

I'm pretty certain there was a flash though? But it was definitely on Amber when I went past and not red.
Maybe it was set off by someone else? I guess it's just a waiting game.
Thank you very much for having a look for me it is all I have thought about since it happened.

TY.

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 11:04
Post #4

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (Robert65 @ Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 11:01) *
I guess it's just a waiting game.

Assuming you're the RK, 14 days from date of incident.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 11:38
Post #5

They would not fire on amber. They only arm a short period after red is illuminated.

But as noted only a NIP (or lack of) will confirm for sure.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Robert65
post Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 12:24
Post #6

so you aren't 100% on the camera not covering that lane?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 13:57
Post #7

QUOTE (Robert65 @ Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 12:24) *
so you aren't 100% on the camera not covering that lane?

99.9% - I won't to commit to 100%.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robert65
post Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 17:03
Post #8

99.9% will do me. Again, Thank you.

+Quote Post
mdann52
post Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 23:11
Post #9

Member No.: 86,499

Only other issue is what speed you went through - these would appear to be "Speed on green", so that may have been what caused the flash. As mentioned, the camera doesn't look like it covers the RHL (due to lack of sensors and check marks), but unfortunately, it's impossible to know for sure for the 14 days (+more if not the RK!!)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 23:49
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here