Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

NIP Recieved
widget123
post Wed, 6 Dec 2017 - 12:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,937

Hi,

I've had an NIP this morning - its for a 38 in a 30. The NIP is accurate insomuch as the Name, Address, Location and Date of alleged offence are all correct.

I was driving my two year old to a swimming lesson at 10ish in the morning. The hand held camera operator was by themselves, in a small hi-viz, hidden round a corner where the speed reduced from 50 to 30 (dual carriage way to housing estate). I was decelerating too slowly and he must have caught me before I'd managed to get down to 30.

They have claimed there is photo/video of the alleged offence but not included it. Is it worth asking for it before filling out the NIP and sending it off?

The NIP is a "Excess 30 MPH - Manned Camera & Local Order" one from Cheshire Constabulary.

Many thanks for any advice.

W.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
The Rookie
post Thu, 7 Dec 2017 - 11:13
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

The officer is a witness, like any other he can give evidence of a crime, he also has his opinion you were committing a criminal offence backed up by the reading from what is almost certainly an approved device that is deemed accurate unless proven otherwise. How much more evidence do you think should be needed, its the way people have been caught speeding (pretty much) for 100 years.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 10:00
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here