PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New Parking eye fine, Not the driver
Pinky21
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 19:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 61,585

My husband got a parking charge notice from Parking Eye a couple of weeks ago for parking 1hr 30 mins in a car park where 1hr 20 mins is allowed for free. It was actually me that was driving.
I was originally going to just ignore but having read recent threads am starting to loose my bottle.
If he writes back and states he wasn't driving but doesn't name me is there anything they can do legally?
Does he need to appeal to parking eye or POPLA?
He has 28 days from 17th April to appeal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Advertisement
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 19:42
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 19:55
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

The 'not the driver' defence doesn't work any more.

For PE we advise appealing - particularly to POPLA (But you have to appeal to PE first - they will reject). Have a look through recent threads - there are quite a few PE ones!

This post has been edited by Jlc: Thu, 2 May 2013 - 19:55

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
dp7
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 20:03
Post #3

Member No.: 57,435

Dear Parking Eye,

I have received your PCN, reference number; xxxxxxxxxxx. Please provide me with;

a) evidence of your authority to offer a contract to park at this site,
b) evidence that I was actually parked for longer than 1hr 20m,
c) a breakdown of the losses the landowner has purportedly suffered as a result of this alleged infringement,

Kind regards...

Should get you an EYE01 with a POPLA code.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 20:10
Post #4

QUOTE (dp7 @ Thu, 2 May 2013 - 21:03) *
Should get you an EYE01 with a POPLA code.

EYE01 is their template rejection. It will not answer these questions... (But that's the point wink.gif )

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Pinky21
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 20:20
Post #5

Thanks. I will appeal.
The letter does have pictures of the car parked.
What happens after I appeal to POPLA?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 20:24
Post #6

QUOTE (Pinky21 @ Thu, 2 May 2013 - 21:20) *
Thanks. I will appeal.
The letter does have pictures of the car parked.
What happens after I appeal to POPLA?

Pictures parked? That's unusual - they usually just have entry and exit photo's...

You appeal to PE first. Then come back here for assistance with POPLA appeal. If you 'win' POPLA then that's the end of it. If you 'lose' then you either pay (no one here will recommend that) or they have to issue a claim via civil court (and you defend it).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pinky21
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 20:30
Post #7

Sorry, prob is entry and exit but it was late so you can only really make out the number plate.
I appreciate your time in replying and will get my appeal done. Should i mention in the appeal the the RK was not the driver?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 20:32
Post #8

QUOTE (Pinky21 @ Thu, 2 May 2013 - 21:30) *
Sorry, prob is entry and exit but it was late so you can only really make out the number plate.
I appreciate your time in replying and will get my appeal done. Should i mention in the appeal the the RK was not the driver?

Indeed - most PE is via ANPR camera's. They must have a Grace period and with such tight timings it must be marginal. Have a look through the CoP - particularly in regards to signage and grace periods...

There's no need to specify who was driving. Say 'we'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pinky21
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 20:34
Post #9

New to all this - whats CoP?

+Quote Post
Broadsman
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 20:38
Post #10

Member No.: 57,735

QUOTE (Pinky21 @ Thu, 2 May 2013 - 21:34) *
New to all this - whats CoP?

Code of Pracitce, which all PPC's SHOULD follow, but Parking Eye ignore cos they can.

+Quote Post
Pinky21
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 20:41
Post #11

Thanks so much again

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 20:58
Post #12

Member No.: 4,813

QUOTE (Pinky21 @ Thu, 2 May 2013 - 21:41) *
Thanks so much again

Take a trip to the links on my signature. There's a set of appeal points that you can either shorten or amend as necessary. It covers the points above, ie not telling them who the driver was and all the basic stuff such as right to make a contract etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Thu, 2 May 2013 - 21:12
Post #13

Member No.: 59,842

QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 2 May 2013 - 21:32) *
QUOTE (Pinky21 @ Thu, 2 May 2013 - 21:30) *

Indeed - most PE is via ANPR camera's. They must have a Grace period and with such tight timings it must be marginal. Have a look through the CoP - particularly in regards to signage and grace periods...

There's no need to specify who was driving. Say 'we'.

You need to build into your questions of PE in your challenge (note emphasis - challenge, not an 'appeal' based on mitigating circumstances - or sob story) how long their Grace Period provides. It is part of the BPA CoP after all - and they need to openly demonstrate how they comply with it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 12th August 2020 - 23:41
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.