Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Charge Notice, from SR Security Services
RikkiTikkiTavi
post Thu, 27 Jun 2019 - 15:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,497

Good Day one and all,

I have just received through the mail a letter, from SR Security Services Ltd, entitled 'Parking Charge Notice' in big bold scary blue writing.

The letter alleges, again in big bold scary blue writing, that a parking charge amount of £80.00 is dues within 28 days of the letter issue date - this can be discounted to £25 if paid within 14 days of the letter issue date.

The letter shows two photographs clearly of my vehicle (that is not disputed), one of the rear of the vehicle date/timed 14th June 2019 12:51:33 and one of the front of the vehicle date/timed just 40 seconds later at 14th June 2019 12:51:33 at The Orchard Centre, Didcot.

I was not driving the vehicle at that date/time - that was another member of my family.

My relative did not park the vehicle at any time but was driving to and fro looking for a colleague to pick them up with their shopping; needless to say they were oblivious to the parking rules/regs and most certainly to the possible liability of this now claimed charge, as they were not actually parking at any time, save for the precious few seconds to actually allow the colleague to get on board with their shopping - and even that didn't take place in a parking slot!

I am unfamiliar with this car park (never been there I'm afraid) so it is not clear which is the entrance or exit photograph they are basing their claim on - although it seems logical that, given the time data, the rear photo is on exit and the front photo is of an alleged re-entry in 'breach' of their T&C's, whereby they state "By leaving and returning to the carpark within the no return period you have incurred this charge".

Interestingly they have not included a photograph of the initial entry, or the last exit, although these must be available to them but presumably serve no purpose in support of this 'Parking Charge Notice'!

My questions are:

- is this a valid charge in law?

- is there no allowance for the fact that the vehicle was not parked in their car park at any time that day, the entry/exit/re-entry was of necessity to locate and pick up the drivers colleague?

- any other light usefully shed would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Rikki
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Thu, 27 Jun 2019 - 15:44
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Thu, 27 Jun 2019 - 16:23
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,924

this is a private ticket - have asked for move to correct section.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:51
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here