Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Camera flashing for no reason
Adeel Anwar
post Sun, 12 May 2019 - 20:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 86,816

Hi all,

A bit concerned. NW9 0FH speed camera, I am an uber driver so i stopped in front of the bang bang restaurant and saw the camera flash after 10-15 second it flashed again. No car around but i was in line of the camera but parked so 0mph

Dont understand why it flashed? Twice two times each?

I hope It doesnt flash if you are parked.

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Sun, 12 May 2019 - 20:13
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 12 May 2019 - 20:55
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (Adeel Anwar @ Sun, 12 May 2019 - 21:13) *
Hi all,

A bit concerned. NW9 0FH speed camera, I am an uber driver so i stopped in front of the bang bang restaurant and saw the camera flash after 10-15 second it flashed again. No car around but i was in line of the camera but parked so 0mph

Dont understand why it flashed? Twice two times each?

I hope It doesnt flash if you are parked.

Thanks in advance

could be a tfl camera as its a red route

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Synergist
post Sun, 12 May 2019 - 22:12
Post #3

Member No.: 16,999

The camera there is a Speedcurb, so speed enforcement only. That section doesn't appear to be a red route, unless the double yellows haven't been repainted.

If you were stationary in the bus lane there's a slim chance traffic in the other direction may have confused its radar?

As the camera there appears to be a Speedcurb, they apparently takes three photos: two wide angle and one close-up of the number plate - so if you get a NIP in the post you should be able to clearly explain what you were doing! And that's all above board as you were loading or unloading at the time. (The bus lane is 7am-7pm, when did you stop there?)

If it was a misfire by the camera a human will see this from the photos and you'll likely never receive anything.

This post has been edited by Synergist: Sun, 12 May 2019 - 22:15

--------------------
Hi mum.

+Quote Post
Adeel Anwar
post Mon, 13 May 2019 - 21:10
Post #4

Member No.: 86,816

QUOTE (Synergist @ Sun, 12 May 2019 - 23:12) *
The camera there is a Speedcurb, so speed enforcement only. That section doesn't appear to be a red route, unless the double yellows haven't been repainted.

If you were stationary in the bus lane there's a slim chance traffic in the other direction may have confused its radar?

As the camera there appears to be a Speedcurb, they apparently takes three photos: two wide angle and one close-up of the number plate - so if you get a NIP in the post you should be able to clearly explain what you were doing! And that's all above board as you were loading or unloading at the time. (The bus lane is 7am-7pm, when did you stop there?)

If it was a misfire by the camera a human will see this from the photos and you'll likely never receive anything.

Great thanks for the clear explanation. This is still double yellow line and was 9pm.

If i do receive anything will keep you in the loop here.

+Quote Post
Synergist
post Tue, 14 May 2019 - 09:49
Post #5

Member No.: 16,999

Good stuff. Sorry for saying radar earlier, the speedcurbs use piezo strips in the ground and I believe are only Home Office Type Approved for enforcing traffic travelling away from the camera.

--------------------
Hi mum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 09:25
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here