PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Private parking ticket, Parked outside of marked bay
Abitslow
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 17:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,340

Hi all , I’ve received a parking ticket for parking outside of a marked bay , I’ve ignored all letters and have now got a letter from a debt recovery firm asking for £160 . The car Park is part gravel and part tarmac and only the corners at one end of the bay were marked out (ie no solid white lines each side of the space) , should I let it go to court and gamble on the day or should I pay up and move on ? Thanks for any advice
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 17:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 17:34
Post #2

Member No.: 32,130

should I pay up and move on ?
NEVER.

Which parking firm, some do court, some do not. Even if they do, we see almost every poster WIN in court.

What sort of car park - if a retailer or hotel, etc, what happened when you marched in brandishing the letters & complained re the harassment?

+Quote Post
Abitslow
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 18:05
Post #3

Thanks for the reply (schoolrunmum) NCP is the firm , the Car Park is just a bit of ground in Gloucester city centre(not sure who owned it) I’ve taken a photo of my van and no white lines are visible in photo but a bit concerned about what will happen next . I was in a hurry and just lined up with the car next to me . Car Park is poorly marked out if that makes any difference.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 18:17
Post #4

Next time, come here or to MSE parking forum first. You should have submitted an appeal at day 25/26 counting from the windscreen PCN and you'd have won this at POPLA easily by now. Too late for that. Next time, and no blabbing about who was driving.

Come back if you get a Letter before Claim with a 30 day reply limit and mention of Reply Forms and pre-action protocol (not from a tedious debt collector like DRP or Zenith). Spare us debt collector letter updates and come back at real court stage and we can assist.

No risk, no CCJ, no costs (losers pay the £100 PCN plus £75-odd...) Big deal. YOU MUST update them if you move house within 6 years.

The usual outcome on both forums is that posters are winners and cost these scum firms a lot more in wasted time and money.

This post has been edited by SchoolRunMum: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 18:18

+Quote Post
Abitslow
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 18:50
Post #5

Thanks for your time and advice it’s really helped as I was a bit low and considering paying .

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 19:26
Post #6

No-one pays after coming to a forum like this, unless they (rarely) lose in court and get told to pay the £175 or so, having put up a decent defence.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 16th December 2018 - 14:02
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.