Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UK Car Park Management
aaa123456
post Thu, 6 Sep 2018 - 09:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,519

Hello

I received a letter from UK CPM regarding "unauthorised parking". The original notice I ignored (and misplaced and I can't find it). I received a second letter:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21zldxi07nw42fe/c...Page_1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gon0zhh26bxey0/c...Page_2.jpg?dl=0

There is a sign at this location:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2276crm0uwfq7hx/IMAG1458.jpg?dl=0

The driver had parked the vehicle at this location. Do I need to pay £100 or £149?

Any help is much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 30)
Advertisement
post Thu, 6 Sep 2018 - 09:35
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
aaa123456
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 18:35
Post #21

I wrote them a letter and they have responded:

"I have received your letter dated ********. As I stated before in my letter dated ******** I will not appeal the ticket until I have the full facts.
Further to your letter I noticed that you hadn’t answered my question:
• Can you confirm the time period for which this vehicle was parked at the location described? The letter only states a date and time.
In addition, due to your confirmation that a contract exists between UK Car Park Management and the landowner at address known as ********, please send me an un-redacted copy of the said contract between the two parties.
I have noticed that the alleged sign has been removed at ********. Can you confirm that the said contract has been terminated between the two parties? If so I require un-redacted copies of any notice of termination and whether UK Car Park Management have any continuing responsibility to pursue drivers who may have parked at this premises.
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, I require copies of any correspondence between UK Car Park Management and the landowner regarding this vehicle or those that concern me as the registered keeper and owner of the vehicle."

UK CPM responded as below. How should I respond?:

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 19:29
Post #22

Member No.: 32,130

Don't respond.

Report them to the ICO for not properly handling what was clearly spelt out to be a subject access request for all information, not an 'appeal' to be fobbed off with a template letter of rubbish.

Google contact ICO, read what their remit is, learn about the sort of data concerns you can complain about, and prepare a complaint. Show us first.

+Quote Post
aaa123456
post Wed, 24 Oct 2018 - 11:04
Post #23

Hello SchoolRunMum

So I will write to ICO with the following. Can you tell me if the wording is correct and if I should raise any other points with ICO:

"Dear Sir/Madam

My complaint is related to a subject access request that UK Car Park Management has failed to provide. Instead I received a templated response as if I had appealed, though I have stated clearly that I haven't in my letters. The data controller at UK Car Park Management has utterly failed in their duties. I have attached correspondence to date. To outline what I have requested:

- Period for which the car was parked. They only specified an end date and time, not the beginning.
- An unredacted copy of a contract between UK Car Park Management and the landowner was declined.
- To provide copies of any correspondence between UK Car Park Management and the landowner regarding this vehicle or those that concern me as the registered keeper and owner of the vehicle."

QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 20:29) *
Don't respond.

Report them to the ICO for not properly handling what was clearly spelt out to be a subject access request for all information, not an 'appeal' to be fobbed off with a template letter of rubbish.

Google contact ICO, read what their remit is, learn about the sort of data concerns you can complain about, and prepare a complaint. Show us first.

This post has been edited by aaa123456: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 - 12:27

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 24 Oct 2018 - 11:41
Post #24

Member No.: 15,642

No
Make it MUCH clearer

SRM told you what language to use - that they have instead of responding to a clear SAR have responsed with a template as if you had appealed. Their data controller has utterly FAILED in their duties.

+Quote Post
aaa123456
post Wed, 24 Oct 2018 - 12:26
Post #25

Updated template in post #23

+Quote Post
aaa123456
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 15:16
Post #26

Following my complaint to the ICO (to which I am still waiting for a response), I received the letter below. Should I respond at all as I am still waiting for the ICO to take this up with UK CPM? If so what should I say?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 15 Jan 2019 - 15:19
Post #27

Member No.: 15,642

Ignore DRP
Maybe add to your ICO complaint that they are sharing your data further.

+Quote Post
aaa123456
post Fri, 5 Apr 2019 - 09:45
Post #28

So here's the latest.

While I waited for a response from the ICO, two more letters from DRP arrived with rougly the same content as the first one.

The ICO finally got round to dealing with my complaint and this was a bit of a mixed bag. Here's an excerpt of how they replied:

"In this case, you made a request to UK Car Park Management Ltd (‘UKCPM’) on 6 October 2018. It appears a response was provided to this correspondence on 9 October 2018, however this response did not address your request for personal data. We are therefore of the view that UKCPM has failed to comply with its data protection obligations in this case.

We now expect UKCPM to consider your request further and provide you with a response within 14 days. We have also asked UKCPM to take steps in response to this incident to review and improve its information rights practices. Should we receive further complaints which demonstrate non-compliance with the legislation by UKCPM, we may consider further regulatory action.

Please note, UKCPM is only obliged to provide you with copies of your personal data in response to your request. It is unlikely to be obliged to provide you with information such as a copy of the contract between it and the landowner as this is not your personal data.

In relation to concerns about your information being processed without your permission, you may wish to contact UKCPM to raise these concerns, however please note most car park operators do not rely on consent in order to transfer data to third party organisations. This is because they are able to rely on a separate basis for processing other than consent, such as ‘contract’ or ‘legitimate interests’. For further information on when an organisation needs your consent you may find the information available on our website helpful.

Consent: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/does-a...eed-my-consent/

We would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Should UKCPM fail to respond to you within 14 days please inform us."

On the 14th day I received a letter from UKCPM by recorded delivery:

While I have yet to make another Data Access Request, I received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors:

What should be my next step? Should I make the Data Access Request to UKCPM and what should that contain?

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Fri, 5 Apr 2019 - 10:09
Post #29

Member No.: 96,238

Dear Mr Randall

Ref : PCN ******

Thank you for your letter

The reference number you require is the subject line above

I admit to some surprise that you have found it necessary to request this information

The ICO has informed me that it has already requested, in response to this incident, that you review and improve your information rights practices
It also informed me that, if it receives further complaints that demonstrate non-compliance with the legislation, it may consider regulatory action

Yours Sincerely

The other letter is a familiar fake that DRP sends on Gladstones notepaper

Clues are the instruction to pay DRP and the DRP reference number
Genuine Gladstones letters have a completely different format for a reference number
You can continue to ignore it

+Quote Post
aaa123456
post Fri, 17 May 2019 - 16:01
Post #30

UK CPM did reply with lots of printouts including past correspondence. I noticed that the specific event when they photographed the car only had a date and time. There was no time period recorded. Also, the correspondence claiming to be from Gladstones Solitcitors is actually from UK CPM. Is there anything else I need to look for in the printouts? What can I use these printouts for?

+Quote Post
aaa123456
post Mon, 20 May 2019 - 13:19
Post #31

Any thoughts or suggestions on my last post would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 19th June 2019 - 17:59
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.