PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

wrong car registration clicked on Ring Go, fined as a result
PTKid
post Thu, 4 Apr 2019 - 14:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,266

I parked my car and paid for parking on the Ring Go app then entered a restaurant. When I arrived back to my car I received a fine. Opening my ring go app I realised I had used the wrong car on my list.

Having a few problems with Ring Go app with car Nicknames and preferred car choice keeps disappearing. While writing this the same problem is still occurring. However other times the app contains the correct information such as nicknames to each reg and shows my preferred choice. I have screenshots saved.

I have appealed to Glasgow city council on the basis it was human error however they have rejected it. They did admit I paid for a ticket however for the wrong car.

Would it be worthwhile appealing to the Independent Parking Adjudicator on the basis this is my first time receiving a fine, there are discrepancies with the Ring Go app which I am aware of now and there has been no intent by me to evade paying for parking?

If you need any further information please let me know.
Kind Regards
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 22)
Advertisement
post Thu, 4 Apr 2019 - 14:55
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PTKid
post Tue, 16 Apr 2019 - 18:19
Post #21

Thanks for the input cp8759.

So if I had paid the fine within 14 days I would have had a chance to go to the adjudicator?

Or better to have waited for the appeal to have been processed/rejected to have had a chance for the adjudicator to view my case? Without paying a thing till the final outcome?

The only information that is available to me states not to pay then appeal. I appealed then paid.

Regards

This post has been edited by PTKid: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 - 20:57

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 19 Apr 2019 - 10:51
Post #22

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (PTKid @ Tue, 16 Apr 2019 - 19:19) *
Thanks for the input cp8759.

So if I had paid the fine within 14 days I would have had a chance to go to the adjudicator?

Or better to have waited for the appeal to have been processed/rejected to have had a chance for the adjudicator to view my case? Without paying a thing till the final outcome?

The only information that is available to me states not to pay then appeal. I appealed then paid.

Regards

The process is very simple, either you pay (which is acceptance of liability), or you challenge the penalty. You cannot do both, if you wanted to take the matter to adjudication, you shouldn't have paid at all. If you could pay the discounted penalty and then appeal, everybody would appeal everything. The whole point of the discount is to encourage those who accepted they are liable to pay and close the matter without imposing a burden on the representations / appeals system.

To put it into context, something around 8 million PCNs are issued each year in England and Wales and something in the region of maybe 80 to 100,000 is appealed. If the tribunals were suddenly faced with 8 million appeals a year, the penalties would need to be very much higher in order to cover the additional costs.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
PTKid
post Fri, 13 Sep 2019 - 16:30
Post #23

Full refund received today!

Just wish a bit of common sense was practised with my first appeal, I could have done things differently too.

This post has been edited by PTKid: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 - 16:32

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 10:33
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here