Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Excel (Iceland) parking - now to debt collectors
jazzydriver
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 13:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,324

Hi all, I really hope you can help me.

I received a 'PCN" from an Iceland Excel Car Park. Though I had a valid ticket - we had stayed longer than two hour limit - mainly because I had gone to the town hall to collect my mum's death certificate and it took longer than it should have. So I wasn't thinking too clearly..

The car park incident occurred on 16th April

The 'PCN' as they call it was issued on the 24th April.

I did appeal but they refused my appeal - (pasted as below...)

It is now gone to the debt collectors and I don't really know what to do!

I have no idea of my chances according to the Bevis Court Case.

If I ignore the debt collectors what might happen? What should I do? I'm very confiused.

Many thanks

JD.

We refer to your appeal in respect of the above Charge Notice (CN) received on 15/05/2018.
Having considered the points you have raised and reviewed our records, we are unable to accept your appeal. Our
main reason(s) for this decision are as follows:
The signs at the car park make it clear that the land is private property and that a Charge of £100 will be levied if
vehicles park outside of the Terms and Conditions displayed. The signs state that a valid Pay & Display ticket must
be purchased and clearly displayed in the vehicle parked. The above detailed vehicle was seen parked and
displaying a ticket which had expired and was therefore invalid. The expiry time was clearly displayed on the front of
the ticket purchased. Motorists should ensure that they check the expiry time before leaving their vehicle parked, as it
is their responsibility to ensure that they are able to return to their vehicle before the stated time, or else to purchase
more time if thought necessary. The vehicle parked after the expiry of time of the Pay & Display ticket purchased and
you became liable for the Charge advertised.
We note that you have declined to name the driver of your vehicle at the time of the incident in question. It is
important that we make you aware that in this case we may pursue you as the registered keeper of the vehicle for
the outstanding Charge, as per Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) .
The notice sent to you clearly states: Please be warned: that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day
after the Issue Date of this Notice, the amount of the unpaid Parking Charge specified in this Notice has not been
paid in full and we do not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, we will
have the right to recover from the registered keeper, any unpaid balance of the Parking Charge. This Notice will be
deemed to have been received by you on the second working day after the Issue Date stated above unless the
contrary is proved.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 13:37
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 13:50
Post #2

Member No.: 15,642

Debt collectors areentirely ignored
Small chance you will get a court claim. Before this you must get a ltter before action.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 13:50
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

How much over the 2 hours?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
kommando
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 13:53
Post #4

Member No.: 57,558

If I ignore the debt collectors what might happen?

They are toothless and can only send letters with more and more red, they cannot take you to court and only receive commission if you pay them and them alone.

Edit your post above so the drivers identity is not inferred, you have no doubt already identified the driver in your appeal but this loses you a good appeal point so get into practise for next time.

Come back if Excel start sending letters again ie a letter before action or actual claim papers from court.

Are you a customer of Iceland, have you tried them to see if they can get this cancelled.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 16th August 2018 - 17:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.