Parking Charge Notice - Have NEVER been to this place!, PCN Fake photo evidence
Ginger248
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 11:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,336

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue;

I've received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye, stating I was in a certain Aldi car park for over three hours. I was not, I know I was at home all afternoon with my car parked on the street.

In addition to this I have NEVER EVER been to the Aldi, or car park stated in the notice. How ever, on the notice the is an image of a car almost exactly like mine with the number plates highlighted. The photos are black & white and darkened with the plates highlighted, so could have easily been Photoshoped. Because of this I am also unable to make out any distinguishing features on the car (stickers in back window etc) to confirm it is actually mine (which it isn't).

If it is a photoshop scam, it seems extremely illaborate to have an image of a car of my description in a car park under their ownership, match them with my plate details, then blend them together and send the charge to me. Could this mean my vehicle has been cloned? And if so, how do I go about it without having to falsely admit my presence at said car park to Parking Eye? (as I have read a lot of stories of people appealing and involved in a very lengthy, costly process even when innocent, just for admitting ownership through Parking Eye's system)

The other thing I should add is that I have only just found these letters. They had been going to my parents address (as that is where the car must still be registered to), and am now on my 3rd notice and over a month since the 1st one.

Any help on this, or any info from people in the same situation would be hugely appreciated! As i cannot find any other example of duplicated vehicle plates on parking tickets anywhere online.

Many Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Advertisement
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 11:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 12:12
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

No it's not a 'photoshop scam' - ParkingEye issue thousands of court claims so this needs resolving.

This sounds like it could be a possible clone so it should be reported to the police immediately - you'll need a crime reference number to provide to PE.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 12:14
Post #3

Member No.: 96,238

Report the suspected clone to the police

Tell ParkingEye that the car was not there, you've reported the clone to the police and they must keep the photographs safe

Send the message as an email, not an online appeal

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 12:16
Post #4

QUOTE (Ginger248 @ Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 12:53) *
...had been going to my parents address (as that is where the car must still be registered to), and am now on my 3rd notice and over a month since the 1st one.

This in itself is not an issue as long as the post is checked in a timely fashion (it appears not). You may something 'important' like a speeding NIP.

Get it updated to your current address.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 13:07
Post #5

Member No.: 60,457

It's either a cloned plate, as suggested, or the ANPR camera is malfunctioning, or a bit of dirt on the number plate causing a misread. The car looking the same is easily explainable as a dealer would licence several cars together and the numbers would be almost the same. single digit error would identify you and not the correct car.

Can you actually read the number plates on the photos? or just the number that the computer guessed at?

+Quote Post
Ginger248
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 13:18
Post #6

Thanks for your advise all! I'll get my Log book off to DVLA for the address change, then report to police. Then take it from there with the police report number. Many thanks!!!!

QUOTE (ostell @ Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 14:07) *
It's either a cloned plate, as suggested, or the ANPR camera is malfunctioning, or a bit of dirt on the number plate causing a misread. The car looking the same is easily explainable as a dealer would licence several cars together and the numbers would be almost the same. single digit error would identify you and not the correct car.

Can you actually read the number plates on the photos? or just the number that the computer guessed at?

Yes, you can see the plate clearly, although it is heavily highlighted from the rest of the image.

+Quote Post
kommando
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 13:47
Post #7

Member No.: 57,558

That is normal as its not CCTV but ANPR and focuses on the numberplate.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 14:00
Post #8

A 'repeated' misread could also be possible. ANPR isn't perfect.

Both the front and rear plates are normally scanned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 14:08
Post #9

Member No.: 60,457

Bit of dirt then 0 becomes 8 L becomes I.

Is it front and back plates scanned?

+Quote Post
Ginger248
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 15:17
Post #10

QUOTE (ostell @ Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 15:08) *
Bit of dirt then 0 becomes 8 L becomes I.

Is it front and back plates scanned?

yeah, two images, front and rear.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 15th October 2018 - 09:33
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.